• Need relief as soon as I can

I work as Marketing executive in MNC based at Faridabad. Recently I am facing harassment from the colleagues end. They are targeting me with all beautiful words which could disrupt my normal thinking capacity. 

Background: I used to live in hostel in Mumbai. I was good in Academics because of which i developed many envy among the classmates. They had teamed up with hostel mates and used to bully me and harass me. I kept quite and did my studies. 
I wanted to make lot of friends, some envy people wanted to hurt me and plotted game so that no one becomes my friend. 
I ignored it, then i got highest package from the college at the time of recession. Even then the enemies in hostel were not happy so they informed false allegations against me to my New company. 
Since then, my background has been ruined. The matter is of my Moral Character. 
Since, I am into private job. Your respect is everything. More than the knowledge you possess. 
Now, I think during background verification in my present company they have figured out the matter. But they don't know the other side of the story which is actually the truth. 
Is there a solution for it Or my whole Life is Ruined as desired and plotted beautifully by my Enemies.
I am Man of 32 years Old...& i have faced Harassments more than compared to Women. 
Nowadays Women are Protected but not Men..
Asked 2 years ago in Criminal Law from Faridabad, Haryana
Religion: Hindu
1) on your back ground verification your company will check whether  there are  any pending criminal case against you 

2) further whether your certificates are genuine or not 

3) if you have no pending cases and your educational certifcates are genuine you have nothing to fear 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44398 Answers
2577 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

What has actually been unearthed during background verification? What action has your employer taken against you? You get a cause of action only if you have been acted against by the company on the basis of information obtained during verification.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Querist
What is the problem?
whether anybody informed your company regarding your character as bad, if yes then demand a copy of the same and file a case against that person before the court and claim compensation.

Feel free to call 
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4796 Answers
220 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

What is your problem?
If the colleagues harass you there are remedies that you can make representations to the HR or the management of the company about such interference and harassment.
If the enemies are hidden and trouble, yo may gather evidence against them and make complaints against them with your management.  Since these are oral and not physical you cannot approach police for any action against them. You can change the company and see if the new atmosphere brings you peace and happiness.
Even in the new atmosphere if you face such problems, then you may have to introspect yourself as what is wrong with you that you are being always targeted by one or the other person you come across. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
34540 Answers
372 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

if you have evidence to prove that  they have no reasonable ground to make such allegation you can file a private complaint under section 500 IPC for the offence of defamation. you will entitled to get compensation for mental agony, monetary loss, and cost of litigation.
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
4973 Answers
78 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer