• MSEB - Karjat has "adjusted" the amount of Rs. 14000/-

I own a house in Karjat Taluka - Raigad District - Maharashtra. The proper location is Bhivpuri - 5 KM from Karjat. I received the first MSEB bill in Jan 2015. The bill was for Rs. 720/-. Since the place is far from where I live - I opted to pay the amount multiplied by 10, i.e. Rs 7200/-. However, due to a network glitch I paid the amount of Rs. 7200/- twice. The amount was paid on 26th Jan 2015.
I an bill dated 29th April 2015 - the MSEB "adjusted" the amount of Rs. 14289/- from the account.
I visited the MSEB office in Karjat to inquire about the "adjustment". As discussed with the office at MSEB - I submitted a request to re-credit the amount to my MSEB account.
The same was done in the bill of 31-Aug-2015.
The in the bill of 30-Sep-2015 the amount of Rs. 14549/- was "adjusted" from my MSEB account.
I visited the MSEB office and submitted a request to refund the amount paid to them.
I have not received any positive reply from them. 
Please advise what steps to be taken to recover the money from MSEB.
Asked 8 months ago in Civil Law from Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
1) issue legal notice to MSEB to refund Rs 14000 being the excess amount paid by you .

2) in said notice mention that on account of network problems as against bill of Rs 7200 Rs 7200 was paid by you twice . 

3) if MSEB refuses to refund file complaint before consumer forum and seek   refund with interest 

4) also claim compensation for mental torture undergone by you 
You should issue a legal notice to MSEB for the refund of your amount. A suit for recovery of money can be filed against it if the legal notice does not result in excess amount being refunded.
you should file a case before the consumer forum because it is deficiency in service and consumer court has jurisdiction to decide it, the excess  amount paid by you, due to fault of system so it is entrusted on MSEB , it cannot use it as payment done to it thus adjustment of that amount is illegal act. you have right to recover it from MSEB.
1) You have contact local lawyer in Karjat for filing claim for refund from MSEB before consumer forum 
Hi, you have to lodge Consumer Complaint against MESB for deficiency of services, before filing a complaint first you have to issue a legal notice and then lodge a Complaint.
You can check this portal for a local lawyer.

If you have informed MSEB to adjust the amount to your account, they will certainly adjust the same.
You should know the adjustment amount every month by obtaining the bills  every month and should become aware of the adjustment details. 
Have you made a request for refund in writing, if not do it and get an acknowledgment for the same after which you can think of issuing a legal notice as well as initiating other legal action subsequently.
My query pertains to the earlier query of the MSEB "adjusting" the INR 14000/- which I have paid and they have not rationalized the reason for the adjustment. My query is : Please suggest suitable lawyer to assist me pursue the matter as required by law.

You have to enquire the details of adjustment from the office directly, if you don't get proper reply from ayoffice,you may approach their higher office for details and relief.
You can send a letter requesting the details by registered post. 
If you are looking for a lawyer in the local, you may visit the local bar association or find  one from this forum too who are near you.