• Domestic violence against mother in law

I have some quarries about Family/Domestic Violence. The issue is of Shimla,Himachal Pradesh. Can I get any help regarding this or any further information from your side where should i knock the door.
Any help will be greatly helpful Thanks in Advance
Asked 8 months ago in Family Law from Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act has been enacted to recognize certain rights and give remedies for the violation of those rights to women who are victims of domestic violence. You should knock the door of a lawyer to consult the issue comprehensively.
1) we cannot guide you unless detailed facts of the case are mentioned . 

2) complaint of domestic violence can be filed by you before the magistrate court within whose jurisdiction you are temporarily or permanently residing or where your mother ion law is residing 
1. Your mother should have immediately gone to a govt hospital or a govt certified doctor to get herself medically examined before going to police station. Without medical certificate police cannot lodge the FIR on the basis of mere statement of your mother. Be that as it may, your brother is free to apply for dissolution of marriage on the ground of adultery of his wife which he will have to prove in the court. 

2. Your brother and all his family members have been named in complaint should apply for anticipatory bail so that you do not suffer arrest.

3. As I said before, consult a lawyer personally at the earliest.
beating of mother in law in shares household is an act of domestic violence. 

mother in law has right to file complaint u/s 18/19/20/22 of domestic violence act. 

if police refuses to file FIR you can file complaint u/s 200 crpc. you must file complaint because cross version must come before the court for your safety.

immediately file a complaint to SSP of area and also file a domestic violence case against her before magistrate. under protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act-2005.

Feel Free to Call to get best assistance.
For filing a domestic violence against your mother in law, you can approach the social protection officer of your district or can approach a judicial magistrate court within your jurisdiction with an application under section 12 of the protection of women from domestic violence act, 2005 for other reliefs under different provisions of the act...
Two days back she had beat my mother when we went to log FIR police refused to log any complaint, they said without any physical ingury they can't log complain ( my sister-in-law's relative is in same police station) and my sister-in-law went to Female police and logged her complaint against us. but when my mother went they again refused to log any complaint. can anyone help us we are in great need of help

If the police has refused to take your mother's complaint, your mother can approach the higher police official of the district including superintendent of police.  If she is not getting any response or support from that office too, she can approach th jurisdictional magistrate court with an application under section 156(3) for action against the individual directly or through police.