• Put under detention but no FIR registered

Dear sir,
        I once visited a police station and had a bit of argument with the officer in charge. Then he beat me very badly put me under detention for about an hour but no FIR was registered. He entered something in his diary.

I got a job in a nationalized bank and visited the same police station for verification. But that very officer is transferred and I met a new officer. Then I gave my photo and other documents and he said that he will forward my verification report. Now my cause of worry is that whether the entry in diary will affect my job. Please help
Asked 10 months ago in Criminal Law from Guwahati, Assam
1) no FIR  had been filed against you 

2) you were merely detained for an hour 

3) it will not affect your job prospects
1) You don't have a criminal record 

2) yiu have not been charged with any offence 

3) no FIR is lodged against you

4) don't worry 
If the FIR was not registered then you cannot be denied the appointment letter on the basis of a mere GDE. Only a FIR is evidence of criminal antecedents.
No need to worry, GD entry is only an information and not for any criminal cases, hence there is no harm for this GD Entry to your Job by any means.

He might made entry in GD for your arrest under section 151 crpc. this is not serious offence. Police can arrest any person if he finds that any cognizable offence may be caused by him. 

no need to register FIR or submit challan u/s 173 crpc. No need to worry. 

It is general practice of police i.e. if he did not do it you can approach to his superior officer for further action against him for illegal detention. by making entry in GD he made your arrest legal. 
 got a job in a nationalized bank and visited the same police station for verification. But that very officer is transferred and I met a new officer. Then I gave my photo and other documents and he said that he will forward my verification report. Now my cause of worry is that whether the entry in diary will affect my job. Please help
You do not have to worry on such minor and petty issues.  If you were detained in the police for an hour, it was just unofficial and nothing on records.  He has not registered any FIR so ther is no case against you.  You do not know what he has written in his diary, it may be something which is irrelevant to you, but you under the impression that it was something related to you.  So just be free about it. 
Moreover for bank employment you need not visit the police station for verification, if at all the bank seek's police verification, it will send letter directly to the police the report given by the police will be confidential.  The police has no reason to call you to the police station for verification.
Dont show over anxiety to this issue which may create suspicion on you unnecessarily and may draw an adverse inference to this.
What about General Diary Entry (GDE) of a poilce station. The incident was entered in GDE. Can the entry in GDE can be shown as a evidence of my criminal record? 

A general diary entry is just a note of any incident which has no impact on any criminal follow up procedures if the same is endorsed as closed in the remarks column.