• Can I change my name fathers name and surname in gazette?

My Father, Manish SHethna was dead on 14th december 1991. then My Mother, SHital Dudhwala(Shital Shethna,before second marriege) married again with Vijay Dudhwala on 11 oct 1997. My born was on 27 oct 1989. so legally i was child of my first father. Can i change my name Rutu Manish Shethna to Parth Vijay Dudhwala through gazette??? Is it possible??
Asked 1 year ago in Family Law from Surat, Gujarat

1) you have to submit affidavit of change in name 

2) you can change your name by publication in official gazette and 2 local newspapers

1) It is indeed possible to change your name to a new name by publication in the gazette. Besides this you need to make affidavit to that effect and have it published in two dailies, one in English daily and other in the local vernacular.

2) You can also make changes in your identity cards like AAdhar card and pan card by making required applications.

3) Your parents have to make an adoption deed and get it registered if it has not been done so far so that while you apply/ renew your passport and in terms of your inheriting adoptive father's property etc., there would be ease.

it is possible because your father is died. But you can change your title after attaining age of majority i.e. 18 years. Because  your step father cannot adopt you as his adoptive daughter because your age is not below 15 years otherwise your title could be changed after adoption. 

This is nothing but change o your name through the procedures of government gazette publication. Yes, you can change your name as per your wish. 

You cannot change your surname to that of your mother's second husband unless you are adopted by him. Since you are past the age of 15 now you cannot be adopted. So the answer to your question has to be in negative.