• Cheating case for denmark visa

During September 2015 time frame I had decided to apply for a Denmark work permit visa. I was collecting information on the internet. In one of the website I found a person called Soumen Chattergie who resides in Denmark. I contacted him and he assured me that he knows some consultancy in Kolkota and they would help me in getting the visa from India and Soumen Chattergie would help me in initial  accommodation and job assistance in Denmark. 

I contacted the person called Tulsidas Chattergie in kolkota and he too told he will get me the visa within 3 months and demanded 82000 INR as a consultancy fee and 87000 INR as the embassy fee. I got trapped for their sugar coated words and I transferred the whole amount and sent all documents to him during October 2015.

Later I somehow got to know that Soumen Chattergie is a son of Tulsidas Chattergie. I kept on asking them about the status. They started convincing me saying it has been filed in embessy and I will be getting it soon etc. One day during January I called to denmark embassy in New delhi and asked about my application status. They told that my application is not filed at all. I got frustrated and contacted both Tulsidas and Soumen. Tulsidas stopped picking my calls for months and Soumen started saying the same old story saying it will be done soon and there was some problem etc.

Even now each day I call them and they just give some random dates and say that it will be done by that day. and on that day again if I call they say some or the other things and push the dates.

Now 6 months got over and I still did not get my visa. Ideally visa will be granted within 3 months.

I am thinking to send a legal notice to Tulsidas chatterjie. Can you please suggest a right way for me so that  get my amount and I don't want to leave them simply. I want to give a complaint about Soumen in denmark too.
Asked 2 years ago in Criminal Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
Religion: Hindu
Hi, First you have to  lodge a police complaint against both of them for cheating.

2.  There after you can sent the legal notice ask them to refund the amount and if they fail to repay the amount then you have no other options you have to file suit for recovery of money.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4530 Answers
202 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

1. This is a clear case of cheating and impersonation.
2. Immdetaltey lodge complaint with anti-fraud section of the local police.
3. Since you have proof of payment of money it would not be problem for the police to trace money trail and arrest the culprits
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12550 Answers
161 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You will file a legal complaint against them. You can prosecute them under 420 cheating. Civil remedy is also available for getting back the amount and also seek damages. 

Send the legal notice immediately to them. 
Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
2758 Answers
44 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

A criminal prosecution for cheating and breach of trust can be launched against both Chattergies but you need their residential or work address so that they can be brought to book. This apart, a suit for recovery of money with compensation can also be filed against them. If you have their address then engage a lawyer to start the process. 
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) you can issue legal notice to refund money paid by you 

2) if they fail to refund file police complaint of cheating and criminal breach of trust under section 420 and 406 of IPC
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44390 Answers
2577 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can first send a legal notice under registered post to the cheat living n India demanding the return of said amount, failing to respond or comply with the demand, you may sent a complaint to the Calcutta city police commissioner about this fraud and request for an appropriate action against him by giving the entire details about him.  This step will certainly make the fellow running to you seeking apology and may even settle the amount at the earliest.
how and what is the purpose of approaching such cheap people when you can go in the straight path?  better be careful in the future.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
34540 Answers
372 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer