• Adverse police verification report sent to passport office


My home town is Kolkata, currently I am residing in Bangalore for my study purpose. 
I have applied for my passport on 1st September 2015 from Kolkata. But it was kept on hold by the passport officer from Counter B, and he asked me to provide a Bonafide Letter issued by the Institute,from where I am pursuing my graduation degree. I collected the above said document and thus provided the same on 1st February 2016, after which I was granted an Acknowledgement Letter for further police verification process. The officer in charge of Counter C told me that two police verification will be taking place: one in Kolkata and the latter in Bangalore.

The police verification at my permanent address had already taken place at my Home address in Kolkata.
The status was then updated as "Police Verification Report is not clear and application is under review at Regional Passport Office." 
And an Objection List is updated showing "OBJ54-As per the PVR received you are not residing at the address given in your application. 
Please furnish your correct present address details with clarification. Please send three PP (Personal Particular) forms along with your correct present address details."

I had no clue what to do next. So my parents went to the Passport Office at the Brabourne Road, Kolkata to enquire about the further process to be done. To my shock and surprise, they were advised by the Officer in the Enquiry counter to cancel the File since I am residing in Bangalore and had applied for my passport from Kolkata.

If that was the case scenario, they should have informed me at the very beginning that I cannot apply from Kolkata regarding my passport and should apply from Bangalore only. But instead they told me to provide the required document,and even granted for my police verification. Now all of a sudden after so long, they are advising me to entirely cancel and close the File.

Please help me by providing information that what should I do next. I am completely clueless.

Soliciting your earliest favour in this matter.

Thanking You.
Asked 2 years ago in Civil Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
1) you should mention that your permanent address is in Kolkata and that you are temporarily residing at Bangalore for work purposes 

2) enclose copy of your appointment letter , your temporary address proof in Bangalore . Also proof of your permanent address 

3) if your permanent address is in Kolkata application for Passport can be made from
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46896 Answers
2772 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You should take up the case with the Regional passport officer kolkatta for two reasons
a) Your permanent residential address is kolkatta.
b) You are studying in a college in bangalore and if you are staying in a hostel or PG guest house, then these residential addresses are not your temporary address either. You are a student studying in a college and if you are staying in a  hostel or PG Guest house you will not be issued passport in bangalore also. 
So take all the proof of your permanent residence, your hostel/PG accomodation proof if any and meet the Regional Passport officer at Kolkatta. they will definitely address the issue or advise RPO bangalore to issue you a passport based on your temporary accomodation and satisfactory police verification. 
Rajgopalan Sripathi
Advocate, Hyderabad
1325 Answers
168 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

apply for passport by Banglore passport office where you are residing presently with all the documents.
the passport office shall again follow the same procedure regarding the verification and after completion of verification report the passport can be issued to you.

Feel Free to Call
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4880 Answers
226 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

There is nothing wrong in applying for passport from your native place while you had furnished the same as your permanent address.Since you have enclosed documentary proof for your present address, the police verification report may be called for from the police of your present address by this authority at Kolkata 
Your parents have been misinformed about the procedure or the Kolkata authorities do not want to under take any risk in this regard. 
Well you have choices to either write to the Regional passport officer, Kolkata expressing your difficulties to get your passport despite fulfilling the formalities fully in all the respects or to cancel the application and apply afresh at Bangalore.
The previous option may or may not yield any fruitful result.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
37093 Answers
403 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You ought to have applied for passport on the basis of your present address i.e Bangalore.  You must be having leave and license agreement of the property in which you are residing in Bangalore. This should suffice. How can you hope that police would verify your residence to some other place while you are not living there actually. 
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23180 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer