• False promises

Hello! I'm in a relationship with a guy who promised me for marriage but is now getting married to someone else. The beginning of our relation was based on this promise. We've had a physical relation throughout our relationship. Please help as this situation is really painful. I need to ensure that he doesn't get married and fulfils the promise which he made with me.

Thanks!
Asked 9 months ago in Family Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
Hi, Promise to marriage and having sexual inter course  with girl amount to Rape.

2. You can lodge a police complaint against him for the offence of Rape, because he has taken the consent by way of fraud.

3. Tried to convince him otherwise you have no other options you have to lodge police complaint. 
1) lodge police complaint against  your boy friend for rape under section 376 of IPC  read with section 420 of IPC 

2) you had sex with him under flase promise of marriage 

3) your consent was not free or unequivocal .

4) i presume you have emails / chat messages wherein your boy friend promised you marriage 
Hi, still you have a valid case base on your evidence you can convict him for the offence, don't bother too much and proceed further.
1) your boy friend must have met your friends and family wherein he promised you marriage 

2) their testimony will help you in making out a case

3) contact a local lawyer 
1. Complain against him to the Police if he has ditched you and had physical relationship on the false promise of marrying you.
2.To have a strong case in your favour you should not have deleted the chat details.
You cannot stop somebody from marrying a person of his own choice. Every citizen of this country, who has attained the marriageable age, has the right to select his life partner. The promise of marriage is a promise which is unenforceable at law. Due to supervening circumstances it is open to the promisor to refuse the performance of this promise. No provision of law has been violated by the guy. Move on with your life. 

You can lodge a police complaint under section 417 IPC stating that he cheated you and had sesual relationship with you on the promise of marrying you. But now he is refusing to marry you and he is likely to marry another female, so seek justice by intervening in his proposed marriage and stopping it.  You can also ask police to put pressure on him to marry you.
Unfortunately out of anger, I deleted all the chats which proves my point. I feel really helpless. Please advise.

The chats or any other message is not  very vital information, you can fight out the case without them too on the basis of oral submissions and admissions.