1) as per information available online in Bangalore property tax is calculated based on built up area .
2) in many sale deeds in bangalore only super built up area is mentioned . you can get built up area of your flat from apartment floor plan .
3) As per Bruhat Bangalore Property Tax rules 2009 built up area is defined as follows “Built up area” means total area covered by building or high rise buildings above the
plinth level, and including all covered area like basement, mezzanine flooring, balcony
whether covered or not; garage area, constructed boundary of swimming pool, fuel
storage tanks constructed underground or above the ground, storage of merchandise in
open space like timber, granite, bricks etc, stilts meant for parking and
telecommunication and other towers and hoardings erected on the surface or top or any
other open space of land or building but does not include,-
(a) court yard at the ground level, garden, rocky area, well and well structures, plant,
nursery platform around a tree, overhead water tank, fountain, bench with open top and the
(b) drainage, culvert, conduit, catch-pit, gully pit, chamber gutter and the like;
(c) compound or boundary wall, chejja, uncovered staircase,
4) to correct BBMP records you have to make inquires with BBMP as to the procedure to be adopted in this regard
5)the definition of BA as per property tax rules 2009 has been reproduced for your benefit .
6) file an RTI application with BBMP to obtain details sought by you for 2008-09
7) No BBMP cannot deny khata transfer now