• Wrong survey number

We bought agricultural land in visakhapatnam, AP in 2014 and got our passbooks. The seller is cultivating land for so many years before selling to us and we continued cultivating afterwards. 

Somebody sent us a notice saying the survey number assigned to us is his survey number. We found that his survey number is our survey number from the government surveyor.

My question is how we can correct these survey numbers?
Do I need seller help?
Can the person that gave us a notice grab land from us?

Pleeeese help. Thanks.
Asked 9 months ago in Property Law from United States
1. It is quite commonplace dispute due to human error.
2. Apply with the Block Development Officer or Tehsildar to correct thes ame.
3. Submit all the required paper along with the application. If you number was done prior to his and on proper scrutiny of papers then the anomaly would be corrected.
If incorrect survey number has been mentioned in the sale deed then a rectification deed has to be executed by the seller in your favour and thereafter the same may be updated in the passbooks. If the seller does not cooperate then a lawsuit for specific performance may be filed against him in the civil court. To restrain this person from dispossessing you from your land you can file a lawsuit for injunction against him.
1) deed of rectification has to be executed by seller to rectify the survey numbers 

2) it attracts nominal stamp duty 

3) the person who has issued you notice cannot grab your  land 
1) the person who has issued you notice  has  to get his survey number rectified too 

2) there cannot be one survey number for 2 plots of land 
1. You shall have to find out what is your exact Survey No. since there is another claimant for the said Survey no.,

2. File an application for conducting Survey of your land,

3. If it is found that the survey No. of your land no. is different, then register a Rectification Deed duly correcting your Survey No. and change the Survey No. in all the required documents.
1. That is why you shall have to find out what is the correct Survey No. of your land,

2. Once the correct survey No. is found to be different than what has been mentioned in your sale deed, then you should act as advised in my earlier post. 
First you inquire about boundaries of property in registered deed, if it is correct you should file a questionnaire before registrar for its boundaries and survey number. Registrar will pass an order in your favour, that order will protect you in future litigation. This is the simplest way to get verification of your property. 
Sometimes a very large land possesses more than one survey numbers so it may be possible that any clerical mistake had taken place in registration. 
1. First you have to find the correct survey no .of your land.
2. Execute a rectification deed  with the help of seller
3.The person who send the land can not grab your land.

Correct survey no put in the sale deed is important for getting clear title. 

It may be as it will not foreclose the legal remedies and rights of the person who is claiming title to your survey number. In such circumstances a suit for declaration of title should be filed.
==Kindly clarify me the following issues, so that I can give you good opinion. 

(a) What is the Survey No. as per Adangal, what is the Villge name, Mandal Name and District Name. 

(b) How much extent you purchased i.e. how many acres as per your Adangal.

(c) Whose name is there in the Patta column and Possession column (from the last 10 years from the date of your purchase)as per the Adangal. 

(d )What is mentioned in the nature of the land column i.e. “Patta, poramboke, Inaam, Govt, assigned, endowment, grave yard, etc” 

(e ) What is the Survey Number mentioned in the Adandal

(f) Normally, the agricultural land should be purchased by the farmers only.  If a non farmer wants to purchase agricultural land, he has to take permission of the Collector. Have you taken this permission.  

(g) Have you changed the Zone conversion from Agriculture to Non Agriculture.

(h) If you can send me the scanned copy of latest adnagal along with patta pass Book of the seller and legal notice.

(i) You can demand the seller who sent the notice to produce his documents and if possible send me those documents also.  You can contact me through Kaanoon.com website by phone consultation. 

(j) How did you purchase the land, what is the sale deed doc.No. and date. In which sub registrar is was registered.  
Ravinder Pasula
Survey number is the identification of the property, so if there is a different survey number to that of the land possessed, then this cannot be a valid possession.

Do I need seller help?
Yes the vendor has to identify the property based on the survey number mentioned in the registered sale deed, if there is a mistake in the mention of the correct survey number the vendor has to execute a rectification deed quoting correct survey number.

He will not grab the land but can evict you legally out of his property.
Even if seller help and we get right survey number it is still a problem right?

If the vendor identifies the property through correct survey number and suppose the survey number mentioned in the registered sale deed executed in your favor is incorrect, he may  execute a rectification deed with correct survey number.

Because the person that gave notice will have the same survey number after correction as he has the same survey number that is supposed to be mine
First of verify from his document the survey number and the check boundaries surrounded the survey numbers, if both are same, you verify from your link documents the correct survey number and see if any rectification deed is required to be executed for incorporating proper survey number.
You may visit the revenue department and confirm the same.