• After my marriage,am I considered as a guest at my parents' house

Hi, I recently got married and before that me and my parents were living in an apartment complex. After marriage, I visit my parents regularly and stay with them as well from time to time. The apartment association forbids me to use the clubhouse facilities and any other facilities which residents are entitled to use. The same facilities which I would regularly use before my marriage. They say that now I am considered a "guest", in my own house. 

My question is, are what they doing is legal? Because it is definitely not logical and I feel discriminated against.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Asked 1 year ago in Family Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
1) you cannot be regarded as guest in your parents house 

2) the apartment association cannot forbid you 
From using  club house facilities 

3) issue legal notice to the association in this regard .if association refuses to relent move court and seek an injunction restraining association from objecting to your use of club house facilities 

Absolutely illegal. Send them a legal notice for deprivation of rights, gender discrimination and  intimitidation. 

This is nonsense. The legal relationship between the parents and daughter does not cease to exist after latter's marriage. Issue a lawyer's notice to association and this does not work then file a lawsuit against it to seek appropriate reliefs.

they are right.
read the bye-laws of the society for clerification

Go through the by law  of the Association. If states that the house owner and their unmarried children are allowed. Then you need to know if it is strictly applied or they are selectively applied.

If the they it only specify that marred daughter are not allowed to use the facilities, then it's discriminatory.

Also check who are considered member and family and what is the definition of guest as per by-law.

After going through the by-law, issue a legal notice to the association.

1) legal fees vary 

2) you can furnish instructions to your lawyer he will draft and send you draft copy by email to you for your approval 

3) only after your written approval would legal notice be sent 

4) legal fees you can transfer to his account by NEFT or RGTS 

5) contact any lawyer on this website from Bangalore 

The process is to engage a lawyer and pay his fee. The cost will be the fee of your lawyer. Contact a lawyer and inquire from him what his fee will be.