• Promoter is not getting my flat registered

I have paid the entire price of a Residential Flat in Baguiati to the Promoter about two years ago and got the Possession letter and got Electricity connection in my name. But .the promoter is not being able to get my property Registered in my name. How should I proceed ? Please help me.
Asked 1 year ago in Property Law from Baguiat, Kolkata, West Bengal
Religion: Hindu
Well, yours is fit case where you can file case in consumer forum where you would not only get the order for registration of flat and also for compensation and damages.
Feel free to contact.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
8555 Answers
102 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1) issue legal notice against the builder and in case builder fails to execute regd sale deed in your name move consumer forum against builder for deficiency of service  to direct builder to execute regd sale deed in your name 

2) also seek compensation for mental torture undergone by you 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
32317 Answers
1785 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Send a legal notice for registration of the document. If the builder is not turned up then file  case against him in consumer court.
Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
2236 Answers
27 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You should initially issue a lawyer's notice to him to register the property, and if he does not honour it then a suit for specific performance should be filed against him wherein the court can direct him to execute the sale deed in your favour. Compensation for delay in conveyance of title can also be sought from him.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
20451 Answers
542 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, you can file a civil suit to direct the builder to register the flat in your name.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4273 Answers
168 Consultations

4.3 on 5.0

First issue him a notice instructing him to execute a registered sale deed of the property purchased by you and the payments remain paid in full as on the date of notice.
If he still not responding, you have two options i.e., to drag him to consumer forum seeking necessary relief along with compensation for mental agony suffered or to file a suit for specific relief of registration or specific performance of contract.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
22484 Answers
219 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. File a complaint case before the District Consumer Dispute Redressal Forum at Barasat alleging deficiency in service and unfair business practice claiming direction upon the builder to register the flat within 7 days and pay Rs.1,000/- penalty for each day's delay, damage and cost,

2. Consumer Forum disposes of cases very fast compaitively.  
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
14603 Answers
338 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a Lawyer