• Is HUF account alive after demise of wife

The proceeds of ancestral property was divided between father and son. Father has HUF with his wife. Married daughter is having the right of her share. His son is having his HUF with his wife with his share. In father’s HUF his wife is no more. Married daughter claims her share. So in father’s HUF if daughter’s share is given by partition whether father’s HUF will be in force with available  balance, when his wife is not alive.
Asked 2 years ago in Family Law from Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Religion: Hindu
Hi, married daughter has right in the undivided share in the joint family after property has been handed over to the daughter if father has property then after his demise his share is fallen to her daughter.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4105 Answers
133 Consultations
4.3 on 5.0
Whatever property left after the death of the father it will be divided equally so daughter will also get share irrespective of what was given earlier from the HUF property. in fact if a son and daughter left behind  as legal heirs,  the property of the father shall be divided equally between them. But the status is different if the father alive and the son and daughter have got their share s in the ancestral property. The father 's share of property will stay undivided  till his death.
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1316 Answers
85 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
The right of inheritance in HUF is equal among heirs.In case the HUF property has been already divided among the heirs and if the father's share remained with him it will stay with him till he dies.In other words if the father is still alive the married daughter can not ask for a share even though the mother is not alive.At the death of the father all the son's and daughters can stake equal share in the father's share.
S J Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1954 Answers
65 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Even though the married daughter has got her share in the father's HUF by partition, father's share in HUF will stay undivided with the available balance till his death, even when his wife is not alive. Married daughter can not stake a claim even though the mother is no more.  Upon the death of the father, all the legal heirs i.e., sons & daughters will have equal share in their father's share.
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1242 Answers
59 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
Ask a Lawyer

Family Lawyers

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
14151 Answers
127 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
23363 Answers
1222 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
18183 Answers
449 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
12134 Answers
233 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
5248 Answers
54 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
3537 Answers
130 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Atulay Nehra
Advocate, Noida
443 Answers
15 Consultations
4.7 on 5.0
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
2771 Answers
41 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Rajgopalan Sripathi
Advocate, Hyderabad
873 Answers
43 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
1916 Answers
19 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0