7 Ceremonies for a Hindu marriage. ?
(1) A Hindu marriage may be solemnized in accordance with the customary rites and ceremonies of either party thereto.
(2) Where such rites and ceremonies include the saptpadi (that is, the taking of seven steps by the bridegroom and the bride jointly before the sacred fire), the marriage becomes complete and binding when the seventh step is taken.
2) the issue would be whether in your community exchange of garlands constitute a valid marriage . in your community whether saptpadi is essential for valid marriage
3) if saptpadi is not essential in your community your marriage would be valid
4) you have not mentioned when marriage was solemnised? you can file for annulment of marriage on grounds of fraud if one year has not elapsed since date of marriage