• Regarding summons to a doctor

Sir , I am a doctor from ap  while I was working in a hospital six months back I filled a MLC on my name. I left that  job about 5 months back and moved out from that state to delhi , but a summons came on my name asking to attend the summons to the previous hospital I worked. my doubt is whether my attendance compulsory in the court for that case  or  can  any other doctor from that hospital can go?. and what happens if I dont attend the summons?   thankyou
Asked 11 months ago in Criminal Law from vijaywada, Andhra Pradesh
Religion: Other
you have to appear before the court as witness and the accused counsel will cross examine you before the court. if you will not appear then the court have power to issue arrest warrant against you.
it will be better to appear before the court, the court will pay your expenses as per law for your appearance. 
1) If the summons is in your name you must attend the court. You cannot be substituted because only you can depose what you dealt with personally.
2) If you do not go summons will get issued to you again. If the court deem necessary it can get you tho court issuing a warrant, though it is quite rare in similar cases.
1)you should attend court on the said date 

2) if you fail to attend bailable warrant would be issued against you 
In a criminal case, if you were a particular medical attendant cited as prosecution listed witness, then you may have to attend the court. 
You are entitled for conveyance as well as TA and DA for attending court duty for deposing witness in the state prosecuted case.
If you do not attend the court after receiving summons, the court may issue warrant against you, which will mak an adverse impact. 
Avoid unpleasant situation. 
The court summons is to be honoured if it has been issued in your individual name. You alone have to attend the court if you have been summoned to appear in person. A non-bailable warrant will be issued against you if you fail to appear.