• Central OBC certificate

Sir I have got obc certificate from south Delhi district in which it is mentioned that it is issued based on my father's obc certificate from up in 1982
Now when I applied from central obc certificate the SDM office denied in rti reply for issuance of certificate stating that I can only get certificate from up as mine earlier state obc certificate was based on my father's UP statue obc certificate.. I belong to kumhar caste that comes into central list of obc list... UP authority have also denied saying that I can only get certificate from Delhi as I an residing there... What should I do know .. I an totally confused sir.. Please help
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Delhi, Delhi
Dear Client,
You should apply where your permanent address has been avail if you are in U.P. then apply here for your cerificate and if need more clarification then contact us.
Advocate Anurag Bhatt 
Allahabad High Court.
Anurag Bhatt
Advocate, Allahabad
83 Answers
1 Consultation

4.6 on 5.0

if you are a permanent resident of South Delhi District you are bound to be issued OBC certificate subject to your  submitting any proof of showing continous residence in delhi since 1993 like electricity bill, waterbill, telephone, or house tax  and residential proof as a bonafide resident of Delhi i.e. Ration Card/Voter I Card/Passport or any other documents that the applicant and his family are residing in Delhi prior to 08/9/1993(date of implementation of reservation for O.B.C.s). If you were not a resident of Delhi prior to 08/09/1993, then get the OBC certificate from U.P.
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1636 Answers
107 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


The requirements for getting an Other Backward Classes (OBC) certificate are :

Application in the prescribed format.

Two Passport size Photographs(One attested by the Gazetted Officer)

Residential proof as a bonafide resident of Delhi i.e. Ration Card/Voter I Card/Passport or any other documents that the applicant and his/her family is residing in Delhi prior to 08/9/1993(date of implementation of reservation for O.B.C.s

Attested Copy of Age Proof(Matriculation Certificate/School Leaving Certificate).

Family Income : Income proof/Salary Certificate of applicant and his/her father & mother. Affidavit of declaration of income and profession/trade/business etc. in case the applicant and his/her parents are self employed or engaged in other ccupation.

Pension papers/certificate of amount of pension drawn in case the father/mother is retired from Government Service.

Certificate of death in case if the father of the applicant has expired

Income Tax Returns on the prescribed form-16 for the last 3 consecutive years if the annual income exceeds the income tax limit either it is parents income or the income of the applicant.

Only persons having gross annual income less that RS.1 lakh are eligible for O.B.C Certificate.

Supporting documents : Copy of caste certificate of father /grand father or any other document showing the caste/community.

Two separate affidavits on the prescribed format giving full details of applicant as well as parent's occupation, income etc.

No fee required

in your case the issue would be whether you are bonafide resident of Delhi prior to 8/9/1993 . if you were not satisfying the requirements laid down no OBC certificate can be issued from Delhi
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45616 Answers
2680 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The reservation for O.B.C's was implemented w.e.f 08-09-1993. If you have been residing in Delhi since before the said date and continuously since the fixed date then produce proof to this effect in the form of electricity bills telephone bills, house tax receipts, etc so that your bona fide can be proved. You cannot be denied OBC certificate if you are able to prove your permanent residency in Delhi. If you were not a resident of Delhi prior to the said date then OBC certificate has to be obtained from UP.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Probably the SDM office has not been informed that you are a permanent resident of Delhi since 08.9.1093,

2. Apply to them with the said residential proof,

3. If you are not the permanent resident of Delhi, the said OBC certificate has to be obtained from U.P.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18511 Answers
448 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

 It seems the reason for rejection is based on the earlier certificate which was issued on your domicile basis as you have been living in the state .This is not as per rule but a precedent practiced in many SDM offices where the applicant is turned down on the basis of his regional base when it come to central OBC .
  In case applicant has annexed the OBC certificate of his/her father or any other family member issued by other State, the genuineness of such certificate may be ascertained from appropriate authority. Also local enquiry has to be conducted in each and every case to authenticate applicant’s caste, residence and income and also investigated whether he/she falls into ‘creamy layer’ or ‘Non-Creamy Layer’ category.
It is better that you try getting it in UP as your father has certificate issued by office in UP.
S J Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
2241 Answers
110 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer