Mental torture by husband
I am 10 months South Delhi based arranged married women (28 yr) working in a MNC with a decent salary. We met via matrimony site.The Guy works in a MNC and they stays in Guragon village. We met and got married in 4 months.My mistake was just that i could not imagined that it wud be a real village with people of village mentality. I met him and he is completely opposite whatthey actually are.He used to wear branded clothes with sophisticated and impressive personality.
Before the marriage the guy made fake promises about his family status and family source of income. He lied that his parents are super rich and we don't have to worry about them.They said before marriage that they have 24*7 maid, so you don't have to work , you just have to manage the maid.They got some property sold some time ago and made a Lavish Bunglaw to lure girl's party.They went under Debt of 10 Lakh rupee as well because of that which i got to know after marriage.The time my family visited the place they pretended that they have a lot of properties and so much inflow of rent and there is no money issue.The guy worked in a MNC with a decent pkg. So my family did not bothered much and thought they are well to do and good going people
But the reality is that they are typical raw haryanvi village ppl with Hukka, Bidi and Buffaloes with no source of family income.The time i got the doubt about their status, it was too late to cancel the marriage.
me and my husband give money every month for the household.
Its been 10 months,I am not able to adjust in this dirty environment.
His dad gets drunk daily and does drama.He don't say directly to me but uses abusive language to his wife. His dad always taunts me regarding my attire and the fact that i dont give my full salary to them. Also he says "You have to take permission to go to your home. No need to stay there else we wont allow you next time to go to your place."
I requested my husband to move out to a decent place and we can continue support his family financially and we can visit his parents every weekend.I told him that his parents can live with us as well. if they ll stay in a gud place they might feel good.But he is not moving out with me , instead he is ready to leave me. He said he will do second marriage with the girl who will do household work and her complete salary to fulfil the debt they have on them. He started doing fights every now and then whenever i say anything against his family. He says he needs permission from his family to fulfil the marriage commitment.
I am feeling betrayed, cheated and helpless. His parents revealed that they brought me as bahu so that i can give my salary to them and do household work.You are not a gud bahu.
Please suggest what can i do now. My parents brought me with them as his parents started insulted me every day and My husband started doing fights almost daily, I am also running under depression as suggested by doctors. He stopped talking to me. He has left me and saying he will do second marriage unless u stay in this village and you give your complete salary to us.
Please suggest what should i do now?? I cannot live in that place. please suggest me.
I am living with my biological parents from the past few days.
Asked 2 years ago in Family Law from Gurgaon, Haryana
I find no reason why you should continue this relationship when your husband is not supporting you.
Ask your husband to be with you and if he refuses to help then better take mutual divorce from him. While doing so don't forget to lump sum from his as permanent alimony.
1) walk out of the marriage
2) file for divorce by mutual consent on expiry of one year from date of marriage . in said petition mention that you have been staying separately in the same house for period of 1 year
3) if your husband does not agree for MCD file for divorce on grounds of mental cruelty
4) you dont have to give your full salary to your husband and work as housemaid .
BIt i don't want to giVe him divorce.my life would be spoiled.I am totally shattered.
Asked 2 years ago
Then file case under 498A IPC and under PWDV Act against her. i find no other way out.
1) your husband wants you to give your full salary to his family and do household chores
2) yiu have stated that you feel betrayed cheated and helpless hence asked you to obtain divorce
3) if you don't want divorce you can return to your parents place as your husband wants to stay in village only and you find it unhygienic and dirty
1) If you want to file for divorce you need to wait at least an year from the time of your marriage. As you believe that you want to live this marriage, your only option is to go back to your matrimonial home and win your husband and in laws to your side.
2) You have the right to file police complaint against your husband and in laws if their stance continues to be inimical. Your staying away will not support your case.
3) Your husband or the in laws cannot demand all your earnings. You can choose to contribute as a member of the family.Gradually convince your husband for a separate accommodation.
If you do not want to divorce him then you can only file a case for domestic violence to claim compensation for domestic violence suffered by you and also maintenance for yourself. If you wish to return to your matrimonial home then you can also claim protection order against further acts of domestic violence.
If you cannot adjust and live in that circumstances, you may better stay back in your parents house itself and wait for him to come to a compromise situation. He cannot do second marriage while his first marriage subsists, it can be an offence attracting 7 years imprisonment.
If divorce is not your option, then you just wait for him without taking any legal action against him immediately and you may plan to send a legal notice to him after six months for restoring the broken married life after which you can file a RCR petition.
Consult your parents and also a local advocate on further issues.
1. You not only have aversion with "typical raw haryanvi village ppl with Hukka, Bidi and Buffaloes", you have problem with your husband also,
2. It appears that you two are from two different cultural poles, and your marriage did not gel at all,
3. You do not want to stay in the village and your husband does not want to stay in City,
4. So, in the said circumstances you shall have to decide as to what do you want to do with this taxing relationship with your husband,
5. If you decide to terminate it, then file ll sorts of cases as per standard practice like 498A complaint, DV case etc.,
6. If you think that you shall be able to convince your husband to see reasons, then continue for some more time giving a time period to yourself to review your decision.
1. I am not talking about giving him divorce but your divorcing him and starting life afresh,
2. Your statement "my life would be spoiled", if divorce is given to him does not speak about an educated city bred girl,
3. If you do not want to divorce him, then you shall have to pull on with the hell like environment of his house,
4. You shall have to decide your course of action firmly now since you have only two options now as stated above.
Hi, your husband can't marry a second marriage during the subsistence of the First Marriage and it will become an offence and he will go to the jail for adultery and bigamy.
2. It is clear cut of cruelty inflicted against you so it is better you can take divorce on the ground of cruelty.