• I have cheque bounce case on my name

Hi Sir,
I have taken some amount from one person for business purpose and i have totally loss  on that business. i have given 2 blank cheques  to him as a security. after that they have presented the cheque in the bank and cheque was bounced due to insufficient balance in account. after that they came to me for the due payment i told then to give some time to pay but they are not agree with my time lines.
and they have started sending notices to my house my family members are getting wearied about me. I have requested them to give some to clear the balance..after receiving the notice i have attended few times to court and i have  missed 3 times to attend the court..due to some personal problems --- based on this point that they have raised the arrest warrant to me.  Please let me know how to get the bail and also time to pay the amount from court.

Thanks in advance.

Asked 2 years ago in Criminal Law from Hyderabad, Telangana
Religion: Muslim
The warrant may be recalled by flling an application under section 70(2) of cr.p.c., You may  contact your advocate who will do the needful to recal the warant pending against you.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
34332 Answers
368 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1)court must have issued bailable warrant against you .

2) appear before court on next date and court will release you on bail on payment of Rs 5000 or so . 

3) cheque bouncing cases take around 5 years to be disposed of 

4) you can during the said period reach an settlement with the complainant 

5) even if no settlement is reached you can contest the case 

6) since date , and amount have been filed in by complainant it amounts to material alteration of the cheque 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44206 Answers
2562 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You have to discharge your liability. At this stage your emphasis should be to preempt your arrest. You should apply to the court to cancel the warrant which has been issued against you. The court will not grant you further time to pay the amount except if you admit your liability.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22958 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can get the bail ,the warrant is bailable one. File a warrant  recalling application along with bail application before the court. You may  contact your advocate ,he can help you
Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
2756 Answers
44 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, once the NBW is issued by the court then you have to make application for recall the warrant.

2. If you want time to pay the amount then request the court for grant time and if the complaint is agree for the same then court will grant the time or else you have to proceed with the matter.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4528 Answers
202 Consultations

4.3 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer