• I want to change my name in Rbse 10th and all other documents

Hello all,

I have changed my name form man mohan agarwal to arnav agarwal. I have also got the gazette notification last year. Now i want to change the name in all documents like rbse 10th marksheet , 12th marksheet, Voter id card, adhaar card, pan card, passport and Rtu degree. i want to do the mba with my new name from foreign country, Please help me how to change name in educational certificates. I have the gazette notification in hindi language and i belongs form rajsathan
Asked 2 years ago in Civil Law from alwar, Rajasthan
1) You don't need to change your name in your educational certificates . 

2) at time of clearing those exams you were known as man mohan agrwal 

3) on basis of gazette notification you can change your name in aadhar card , pan card and passport 

4) you can do your MBA in foreign country and rely upon gazette notification to show that your name has now changed 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46667 Answers
2759 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You dont need to change your latest name in the educational certificates and it will not possible as well.
Since you have already changed your name through gazette notification, you can apply for changing your name in the other documents viz., Electoral photo identity card, Adhaar card, PAN Card passport etc., through normal procedures meant for them respectively.  The gazette copy notifying the change in your name shall be a valid document to travel abroad with your original passport hence always carry an authentic copy of the gazette publication with you while travelling abroad. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
36816 Answers
403 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, you ave to file a suit against the State Government for change of name and also for deceleration to that effect.

2. Before filling a suit you have to issue a notice to the state government.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4561 Answers
204 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

You have file application for changing the name in concern authorities with the copy of gazette notification.(Adhar card- Pan card-  Indian Income Tax Department use the authorized PAN agency like uti , passport - passport office )

No need to change the name in the certificate. You can use gazette in future purpose 
Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
2817 Answers
47 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. The name cannot be changed with a retrospective effect in the educational certificates. The academic certificates reflect the name as on the date of issue, so this cannot be changed, 

2. You can change your name in Voter id card, adhaar card, pan card, passport by applying to the competent authority i.e ECI for voter card, UIDAI for adhar, ITO for PAN Card and RPO for passport. 
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23097 Answers
639 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer