Domestic violence and demand for flat in Delhi
I have completed six yrs of my marriage life, my marriage life has always been troubled, From the day of my marriage till date my husband keeps beating me because i kept my Stridhan with my parents for safety as he keeps threatening me for divorce . moreover he is demanding flat in delhi from parents, Also, in the month of august he while i was sleeping he tried to kill me by choking my throat and also by slapping hard on my ear he ruptured my eardrum. he is in govt job and i teach in private college. what am i suppose to do?
Asked 11 months ago in Family Law from faridabad, Haryana
1. You have abundant remedies against your husband. You can file for divorce on the ground of cruelty against your husband.
2. You may also file a criminal case for attempt to murder, assault and dowry violence against your husband which can result in his arrest and conviction.
3. You may also seek compensation from him for the domestic violence suffered by you by filing a case for domestic violence. This apart, you can also sue him to claim maintenance for yourself.
4. Now you can decide what you are supposed to do.
File a dowry harassment case against him before magistrate or police under section 498A of IPC.
You may file a domestic violence case against her before magistrate under section 19,20,22 and claim protection, right to residence, and compensation under the protection of women from domestic violence act 2005.
Feel Free to call
Advocate, New Delhi
1) file 498A case against your husband for his dowry demands
2) in said complaint mention about his demands for flat in Delhi , his attempts to kill you by choking your throat
3) also file DV case against your husband and seek protection order against your husband
4) seek compensation for his acts of cruelty
1. This is a bad marriage you have entered in to,
2. You shall have to decide whether you want to continue with this relationship or terminate it,
3. If you want to terminate it, file a police complaint u/s498A and 406 after collecting evidence of all his torture on you,
4. When you are injured next time for his beating, get your self tested/treated by Govt. Hospital and preserve the medical records. Submit photocopies of the same while lodging police complaint,
5. fter that file DV case against him,
6. Finally file a divorce suit on the ground of cruelty demanding substantial amount towards compensation.
Hi, you have to file a petition for divorce on the ground of cruelty.
2. You can also lodge a police complaint for attempt to murder and also harassment under section 498/A IPC and also for demand of dowry under section 3 & 4 of Dowry prohibition act.
3. You have the right to file a petition under DV act for residence order and so also maintenance.
Because of beating and bad behaviour, we were not staying together for one yr, Since he is a pilot, I caught him red handed with one airhostess near surajkund mela. Then he wrote apology letter stating he will not repeat such things again in front of SHO, Faridabad . but SHO didn’t stamped the incident. Now again this time again when I went along with him, we both want to have child. For that he took me to IVF Doctor, as he knew that his sperm count were less. This time during analysis done by doctor, his morphology was less than normal and my tests were normal. Now he wants me to go for IVF procedure. Though for few months I visited the doctor. Then all of a sudden I stopped going to doctor. He started forcing me for IVF as well as to take money for IVF from ur parents as this is their responsibility since u can’t bear child. Daily his mother use to call me to remind for conceiving child as soon as possible. Even though I knew about his less sperm count but never commented on him. During night he started commenting me that “tum banjh ho, baccha paida nahi kar sakti” . After listening to all that even I commented. Though he is forcing me for IVF, I wanted to have child without IVF. I wanted to ask the way my husband and his family forces me for IVF, is this not cruelty. In my earlier query I asked that my husband continuously asked for flat, but he says to every1 that they promised flat, and now he want them to fulfil their promise. but in the beginning of marriage only I told him clearly that I won’t be taking anything from my parents, we both will work together. Also, I would like to know if you can check my marriage expenses list which I have listed below:
1 Sagai/Engagement 300000
2 Ladies Sangeet 250000
3 Marriage Expense 2275000
Asked 11 months ago
1) you can't be forced by husband to go in for IVF against your wishes
2) if at all you agree husband and you should jointly bear the expenses
3) why should your parents bear the expenses ?
4) your husband is a pilot and must be warning in lakhs
5) refuse to bow down to his unreasonable demands
6) you cannot claim your marriage expenses incurred as your parents incurred expenses on their own accord
1. What is your query this time?
2. It is clearly a bad marriage and you still want to bear his child and that too in a natural way?
3. However, you shall have to decide whether you will carry on with this matrimonial relationship or want to terminate it,
4. If you want to carry on with him then try to adjust with his claims/demands/cruelty,
5. If you do not want to continue with him then file a police complaint u/s498A and 406 after collecting evidence of all his torture on you and also DV case and Divorce suit as suggested in my earlier post.
The marriage expenses can be recovered from him if you can prove the incurring of claimed expenditure in the court.