• Bifurcated khata

My property has initially undergone bifurcation in the year 1966-67 as:
1) 47 1/2 by 45   And a passage of 4 1/2 belonging to this
2) 37 1/2 by 45 and having the rights to use the passage belonging to point 1

First one is my property now.
Now, my lawyer is asking whether I have done a khata for the passage measurement. When I checked my khata certificate, it only describes that khata has been changed to my name. It does not include any measurements etc etc.

My question is, 
1) if the bifurcated sale deed khata exists, how can we get a copy?
2) in case if the bifurcated khata has details about the passage, does it get automatically transferred to me in 2003?
3) in case if the bifurcated khata didn't had the passage measurement, is it possible to add it now? 

Please answer to the above questions. Expecting an early reply.

Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
1) make an application for certified copy of the sale deed from  sub registrar office . 

2) if the bifurcated khatta has details about the passage of4.5 than you are the owner of the said passage 

3) yes it i s   possible
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45700 Answers
2688 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1.Get certified copies of the bifurcated sale deed from Sub-Registrar's Office.  Get certified copy of bifurcated Khata from BBMP.
2.If bifurcated Khata shows the measurement of 47.5 feet x 45 feet, it means that the passage of 4.5 feet belongs to you and gets transferred to you.
3.Yes it is possible if you can produce the sale deed of 1966-67 showing the bifurcation.
If you apply to BBMP for Khata extract you can get it alongwith measurements
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1638 Answers
107 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. By way of apply of Certified copies before Sub Registrar office

2. You are entitled  to get 4.5 passage by entering in respective records

3. Yes.
B.T. Ravi
Advocate, Bangalore
833 Answers
57 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Apply for getting bifurcated khata from BBMP,

2. If the said bifurcated khata shows the passage is 4.5 sqft, then it is conformed that you are the owner of the said passage,

3. Yes, certainly you will get it.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18535 Answers
449 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Obtain certified copies of the sale deed from the office of local sub-registrar. 

2. If the passage of 4.5 sq.ft is reflected in the bifurcated khata then it implies you are the owner of this passage.

3. If the entry has not been made then it can be made now by producing the sale deed of 1966-67.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer