• Can sister claim on property which is named to brothers

Agar hamare father hm dono bhai ke naam par properrty karte hai to kya hamari married sister property par claim kr sakti hai??
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Kolkata, West Bengal
nahi . kar sakhti aap ki behn koi claim kyunki aap ke pitaji jisko dena chaye de sakhte hain aapni property
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44398 Answers
2577 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

sisters can claim if property is not self acquired by your father.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

if the property is self earned then only he can give it to anyone, and no other person can claim.
However if the property is not self earned and is ancestral than he can not give only to you, it will be divided among all the heirs accordingly.
Mahesh Vyas
Advocate, Bikaner
29 Answers

4.5 on 5.0

If the property in question is self acquired of your father then he is at liberty to give it to any one he desires. Under no circumstances can your sister impeach the transfer of property by your father to you.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1 Us property agar apka pitane khud ke kamai se kharide the to  us property ko apke pitane kisiko bhi de sekte jisme apki bahin ko kuch bolneka koi haq nehi hai,

2. Agar us property apka pitane unki bap, dada se mila hai to usko ancestral property kaha jayga jisme apka bahin ko bhi equal haq hai.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18161 Answers
438 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

No. If property nature is self Acquired: He has the absolute right to dispose to any person

If property matter is Joint Family or Ancestral Property: She can file suit for partition over the property, provided the property has been partitioned by registration or decree passed by the court before December, 2004 she has no claim as per the Hindu Succession Act.

But it has one exception: Partition by way of Succession can be open at any time if distribution of property being injustice because she has right by birth.
B.T. Ravi
Advocate, Bangalore
831 Answers
55 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer