• Marrying a Mexican girl

Am an indian From south wants to marry a mexican girl.where we love for the past 3 years.i woulf like to know the legal proceedures for bringing her to india and get married here.Also please let me know howmuch time wil take to make our marriage legalised and she can live india peacefully.can she get indian citizenship? or she can travel with me anywer without any special permits?
I am 28 years old and she is 22.We both are christians.once we get married she can work in india as i can
Expecting an immidiate response.
Looking for .
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Kochi, Kerala
Religion: Christian
you will have to get NOC from her country and then you can go for marrige as it happens in chruch and get that registered
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Let her take tourist visa to travel to India and both of you can get married in a church and get the marriage registered before the Registrar of Marriages in the jurisdiction concerned. Better to obtain her parents NOC before that. After marriage she can apply for Indian citizenship based on her marriage to an Indian.
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1620 Answers
107 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1)  either the bride or the groom has to be living in India for at least 30 days prior to applying to the local registry office to get married

2) submit your intention to get married to the registry office, along with evidence of residency, certified copies of passports and birth certificates, and two passport sized photographs each.

3) If no objections to the marriage are received within 30 days of the application, a civil ceremony at the registry office can then take place. Three witnesses are required, who have to provide passport sized photographs, as well as identification and proof of address. The marriage certificate is usually issued a couple of weeks after the wedding.
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44365 Answers
2575 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Apply for court marriage in your locality, when she is on tourists visa. You need her permanent address proof, ID and Age Proof along with passport size photograph. The same set of documents has to be submitted by you too. First you'll have to apply before registrar, then after 30 days notice period can decide any date for wedding before the registrar. You might get the Marriage Certificate on the same day.
Rajni Sinha
Advocate, Mumbai
328 Answers
34 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

1. First apply bwefore the Registrar of your place in India for the said marriage giving both of your particulars,

2. If you are with Railways or Govt department check whether you shall have to take prior permission from the authority to marry a foreigner to be officially included in their records as your wife,

3. After she comes to India on tourist visa, you can marry based on your above notive given earlier,

4. After some time, she can apply for Citizenship of India on the ground of her marriage with an Indian,

5. Once citizenship is granted, she will be treated like any other Indian.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18160 Answers
438 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer