• exchange property

my grand father shared his ancestral property to his 5 childrens through gift deed, my mother is one among them. property is in the form of plots. here the problem is, there is a high tension current wire passing on my mothers share, my mother has asked my grandfather for an exchange of the plots and he has agreed also. so what is the procedure to do so.
Deed of exchange can be prepared . have  it duly stamped and registered

execute deed of exchange and get that registered

contact a local lawyer . exchange deed would suffice as it is for exchange of 2 plots  with your grand father

Rectification deed can be done when there is  mistake in the deed which appeared inadvertently like Site No., Boundaries wrongly mentioned, spelling mistake of seller or buyer, In case of agricultural land difference in Survey No. etc. In your case the best thing is to go for exchange deed in respect of 2 plots with your grand father.

check the stamp act for karnataka

Has the gift deed been made? If yes, your grand father cannot now change the plots he gifted as he ceased to be the owner of the plots in question the moment the gift was made. If any of the other 4 owners is willing to exchange his share with your mother then an exchange deed can be prepared.

Get the deed drawn by a lawyer and then go for its registration. Ask a local lawyer for details on the stamp duty payable.

you can contact Mr S S Sastry who is from our panel of lawyer practising in bangalore

1. Has the gift deed been registered?

2. If yes, then your grandfather can not change it,

3. The Deed of Exchange has to be executed with some other Donee of the entirre property who will agreen to exchange his/her land with your mother's land with high tension wire.

Deed of Exchange .

The documents required to get deed of exchange registered is (1) Deed of exchange (2) Identical copy of the same (3) Khata Certificate (4) Latest Tax paid receipt.