• Can husband give me divorce

Sir i have been married since 9 months & from 2 months m staying with my dad. Can he give me divorce with letting me know or without my concern?  
Is it possible?
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Delhi, Delhi
Religion: Hindu
What made you to return to your father's place from your matrimonial home. You have every right to stay in your matrimonial home, if it is not possible ,your husband has to arrange for alternative accommodation to you. If he has sent you by force to your father's home file suit for RCR(Restitution of Conjugal Rights). He can not give you divorce without letting you know.
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1620 Answers
107 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. He has to file Divorce Suit only after one year of marriage,

2. If any Divorce suit is filed, you will certainly get notice to enable you to contest the suit.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18161 Answers
438 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

1) in case your husband files for divorce copy of petition has to be served upon you . 

2) please note  that within one year of marriage no divorce petition can be filed except in exceptional circumstances 

3)if you refuse to give your husband divorce then it would take years for divorce petition to be disposed of
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44398 Answers
2577 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. If he applies to court for divorce and you do not wish to give him divorce then you may contest his divorce petition by fielding your lawyer.

2. Unless and until he proves to the hilt his allegations court will not give him divorce.

3. He can apply for divorce only after a year from the date of marriage unless there are compelling circumstances.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer