Can husband give me divorce
Sir i have been married since 9 months & from 2 months m staying with my dad. Can he give me divorce with letting me know or without my concern?
Is it possible?
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from Delhi, Delhi
What made you to return to your father's place from your matrimonial home. You have every right to stay in your matrimonial home, if it is not possible ,your husband has to arrange for alternative accommodation to you. If he has sent you by force to your father's home file suit for RCR(Restitution of Conjugal Rights). He can not give you divorce without letting you know.
1. He has to file Divorce Suit only after one year of marriage,
2. If any Divorce suit is filed, you will certainly get notice to enable you to contest the suit.
1) in case your husband files for divorce copy of petition has to be served upon you .
2) please note that within one year of marriage no divorce petition can be filed except in exceptional circumstances
3)if you refuse to give your husband divorce then it would take years for divorce petition to be disposed of
1. If he applies to court for divorce and you do not wish to give him divorce then you may contest his divorce petition by fielding your lawyer.
2. Unless and until he proves to the hilt his allegations court will not give him divorce.
3. He can apply for divorce only after a year from the date of marriage unless there are compelling circumstances.