• Builder/Owner agreement review before signing

I’m the owner of a plot and want to get into an agreement with a builder to build flats. I need a experienced advocate to review the agreement before I sign it.
Asked 4 months ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

2 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

8 Answers

You can contact any lawyer on this website for review of development agreement to be entered into with the builder 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
89067 Answers
6359 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Drafting a builder-owner agreement calls of deep knowledge of law. Engage a senior Advocate located at the place of property, that will be safe.

Ravi Shinde
Advocate, Hyderabad
3148 Answers
42 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Is the builder providing the draft to be signed ? 

I can review it 

The draft will go back and forth between the parties before its finally signed 

Obviously the builder may resist any changes made on your behalf 

Please note that given the time and efforts spent for that assignment, my legal fees will be applicable 


Yusuf Rampurawala
Advocate, Mumbai
6999 Answers
79 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hello Mr. X.

Just read your post. I would like to advice that you have to send the detail of your plot of land as well as builder detail. There is two things, whether you are interested in collaboration agreement or you want to give to builder to erect  the structure. It is very important to see that whatever, material, steel road, and other things require to erect structure, you must specifically has to  mention in the agreement from the bottom to top. You can contact us or take appointment in this regards







G. L. Soni
Advocate, New Delhi
87 Answers
3 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

 -  A Collaboration Agreement is an arrangement between an owner of the land and a builder where the land owner contributes the land and the developer undertakes the responsibility of obtaining approvals, property development, launching and marketing the project with the help of his financial resources. 

- As per law, the builder is not the transferee or buyer of the flats as per the Transfer of Property Act, 1882 under the Collaboration Agreement.

- The ownership lies with the owner of the land, but the landowner grants the builder along with development rights, a license to enter the land for the purpose of development.

- The license/authority to enter the land is typically given by way of a Power of attorney issued in favor of the Builder, and this General power of attorney should be registered with the Registrar in order to be legally binding on both parties.

- Hence, you will have to enter into a collaboration agreement with the builder , and the same may be prepared by an advocate . 

- Engage a local advocate for getting the said work done. 

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
10319 Answers
124 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can choose an advocate either from this forum or outside,  it is your choice and decision. 

You can pick up an advocate from this forum,  have a phone consultation first,  if satisfied you can entrust the task to the chosen advocate. 

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
79229 Answers
1617 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can contact me for the same. 


If you need any further assistance.You can approach me through Kaanoon or LinkedIn.



Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
28091 Answers
93 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Kindly share the agreement so that your queries may be answered.

Rahul Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
13846 Answers
65 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer