1. If you strongly feel that the criminal complaint has been lodged with false information, you may file a petition under section 482 cr.p.c. before high court to quash the FIR, if registered.
2. The qash petition is a different subject to that of the bail application.
3. If the criminal case has been dismissed by court after conducting the trial and found it to be false case.
4. See the above, if the criminal case is dismissed then you can take action against the police investigating officer for malicious prosecution.
5. If you are accused then you may not be able to seek reinvestigation, but you can challenge the investigation process during trial by proper cross examination of witnesses particularly the IO.