I am only dughter of my dad . my mother died three years back , i got married one year back , my father married another woman, she already married she have no diverce from his first husband . i am fear about my dadbeacause it's crime , he can not leasning my fear , what we do sir . i have any right breake this marriage. my husband also fight this problem with my dad.
Asked 2 years ago in Family Law from Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh
1) you cannot break your father marriage
2) second marriage during subsistence of earlier marriage is illegal
3) her first husband can file case of adultery against your father under section 497 of IPC
1. Your dad and his second wife have committed bigamy as this lady was not divorced at the time of her marriage to your father. If a criminal prosecution for bigamy is launched by the husband of this lady your dad may be imprisoned for 7 years.
2. You have no right to "break" the marriage.
3. Your father should file for annulment of marriage if he wants to avoid going to jail.
1. You can not break the marriage of your father,
2. If she has not taken divorce from her husband, then her marriage to your father is illegal and invalid,
3. Her husband can file a complaint of bigamy against your father for which he shall have to go to jail,
4. Try to convince him to ensure that his wife first gets the decree of divorce and then marry your father legally.
1. Well, remarriage without divorce is a criminal offence u/s 494 IPC under which your father can also come if her first husband lodges complaint with police.
2. Now if your father is not ready to listen to you then you could nothing. He is an adult person and has enough prudence to make choice between safety and danger.
Hi, you don't have any right to break the marriage of your father and thing is that it will become offence only when husband of the women lodge a complaint against your father.
You have no right to break his marriage. If he has a lonely feeling so he decided to marry. How much care you given to your father after the death of your mother. If she is not divorced properly through court their marriage is not valid one.But you must understand that Two major peoples leaved together is not a crime.
If your father has married a lady whose previous marriage subsisted at the time of the present marriage, this marriage shall be null and void and also attracts the offence of bigamy. Her previous husband can lodge a complaint against her for an act of bigamy and also for declaring her subsequent marriage as null and void.
Contact him and advise him by supporting it.