• Divorce case, need PCC for my job

I am in merchant Navy and i just now received a mail from my company that before every contract i need PCC (Police clearance certificate). My divorce case is in court. My wife is creating nuisance. I am the only person to earn in my family. She has put domestic violence case on me (it is not proved). Will there be any problem in getting PCC? If yes, then what should I do to get PCC for my job?
Asked 4 months ago in Family Law
Religion: Hindu

3 answers received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

10 Answers

The divorce case has nothing to with the PCC.

You need not show the Divorce case nor the DVC in your application for PCC. 

You can handle the cases filed by her separately without involving this subject to that subject. 

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
77366 Answers
1458 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

- If your divorce case is before the court only , then you will not face any problem for getting PCC from the police , as this case come under the provision of Civil and not criminal. 

- Further, the domestic violence case is also semi criminal , and the police having no record for such cases , and further no warrant used to issue in this case i.e. if you failed to appear in the court then the court may pass ex-parte decree and not a warrant to arrest , hence there is no chances of police to involve .

- Hence, you can apply for getting PCC for the said work and will also no trouble for getting the same. 

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
9473 Answers
107 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

PCC would rfelct pending DV case against you 


you should not face problems in obtaining PCC

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87212 Answers
6048 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You should apply for a PCC. The police will issue the same as domestic violence case can be handled without you being in the country.

If they refuse then a petition has to be filed in the high court.

Rahul Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
13678 Answers
62 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can apply for the PCC online if rejected you can approach court for seeking PCC

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
26719 Answers
79 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

You apply for the PCC, in case the same is rejected then in that case you may approach the HC. 

There have been cases where the HC has directed the office to issue PCC where only Domestic violence case was pending against the applicant. 



Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17923 Answers
367 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

A mere police complaint will not impair your employment opportunities. If the complaint is brought up during the police verification process, you need to convince them that there is no court order unfavourable to you.

Swaminathan Neelakantan
Advocate, Coimbatore
1838 Answers
18 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Dear Client, 

You have to take permission from the concerned Honorable Court before joining if going abroad.

Jaswant Singh
Advocate, Gurugram
926 Answers
2 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Dear client, 

It depends upon the specific circumstances of your situation. There is a chance that the police clearance may be denied up and until your case is resolved. Please consult a professional for more.

Thank you. 

Anik Miu
Advocate, Bangalore
4377 Answers
45 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

You can get it easily. Just don't provide any false information.

Contact a lawyer.

Siddharth Jain
Advocate, New Delhi
5904 Answers
97 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer