i have a tenant whose even 1st rent cheque has bounced. she has not paid us even a penny. rent agreement was for 11 months & rent agreed was rs.11000 pm.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Delhi, Delhi
In the agreement there will be a clause that if the tenant does not pay rent consecutively for 3 months, the landlord is at liberty to terminate the contract and the tenant has to vacate the premises. I hope you would have collected advance amount from her and in that you start deducting the rent and pay her the left over balance when she vacates the premises.
you should have filed cheque bounce under 138ni and pressurised him for the balance amount
Advocate, New Delhi
You have two options-
1. File a case of cheque bouncing against the tenant if still there is time for this,
2. File a suit for eviction on default of rent ground.
1. If the cheque has bounced then issue a lawyer's notice to her and follow it up by filing a case for cheque bounce against her.
2. In addition to above, file a case for her eviction in court as the cheque issued by her towards the payment of monthly rent has bounced.
1)issue legal notice for termination of tenancy on account on non payment of rent .
2) file eviction suit .
3) although you can also file cheque bouncing case it takes years for such cases to be disposed of
1. Initiate legal action under N.I.Act for her dishonouring the cheque,
2. Also file an eviction suit for not paying the rent.