• Name change

I am a m.sc student. I want to change my name. Please tell me about the procedure for name change in uttar pradesh. I am 20 year old boy
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh
for name change you will have  give public notice and file it in department of publication
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

3.5 on 5.0

You have to change your name through Official Gazette and then when the name is changed, a notice in this regard has to be published in atleast two daily Newspaper(one in English and the other in regional Language i;e Hindi in your case).
Rajni Sinha
Advocate, Mumbai
324 Answers
33 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

1. Execute an affidavit before the Judicial Magistrate,

2. Notify in local newspaper.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
17641 Answers
432 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) name change has to be published in official gazette 

2) also 2 local newspapers
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
42854 Answers
2475 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Yes, as advised by my learned colleagues.
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1596 Answers
103 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer