• Contest

dear sir,

I have chatted with my ex girl friend for a week or so even after marriage in my wife absence because of certain compulsion from latter. Later on i took a firm decision that i will not cheat my wife at any cost. But it became late and my wife is misundrstanding me a lot nw. I have asked this question in different contexts before, but i got different reply from different lawyers. so i want to reconfirm it again.

* Will my chat ( includes vulgarity too)  after marriage ( only for a week or  so)  help my wife getting divorce as she have records for it.

chinmay
Asked 2 years ago in Family Law from Surat, Gujarat
before marriage conduct can not come under cruelty but after marriage it can be.
Its depend on her and her lawyer to proved that this is cruelty if proved then court may declare divorce otherwise not.
Feel free to call
not to worry,you can settle this issue amicably
yes it falls under the area of mentle cruelty. try to sort out things amicably or you may face problem
1. The adultery even if for one day does not cause any help to the wrong doer.
2. If your wife does not condone you for the acts even if for a whole week, she is entitled to claim relief for divorce on the ground of cruelty.
3. A week long affair is not stray incident for which you can claim right of mercy.
1.Just chatting  with ex-Girlfriend in vulgar terms may not be termed as Adultery,

2. However, it depends on to what extent you were vulgar & what have transpitred in the said chat,

3.Your wife can certainly file a divorce case against you bringing the charge of adultery if the contents of the said chat amount to the act of adultery,

4. You shall have to defend your said action citing whatever ground you choose to.
it all depends upon contents of chat however, its a valid ground for filing divorce by your wife leaving of course a chance to defend yourself.Better settle .
repeated query . we have advised you at length that mere chat does not amount to adultery and is not ground for divorce . you did not have any physical relation ship with her you indulged in meaningless conversations