How to fight against brother-in-law
I have a question, Is there any way to complaint(don't want to file any police case) against my brother-in-law ,who is troubling my sister indirectly for the money . He is an gambler and working as teacher. We saved couple of times by paying lot of money to the bankers.If we file case against him ,we will loose the relationship /we don't want to do that to safeguard family name in the society(we are normal civilians). But meanwhile we want to take action to avoid major issues .Kindly suggest
1.Could We contact NGO
2.Could we file complaint
3.Any alternatives please suggest
Asked 1 year ago in Family Law from mys, Karnataka
1) your sister can file Domestic Violence case against her husband and seek protection order against her husband
2) she can call police helpline if assaulted
3) dont pay off his debts .
let creditors take action against him
4) if situation does not improve your sister should file for divorce
Thanks a lot one last question
Will Domestic violence case leads to police enquiry to brother-in-law or anything cause/harm relationship
Thanks and Regards
Asked 1 year ago
1. If your sister is being harassed by her husband the remedial process under the legal framework can be set in motion by her alone. She can file a case for domestic violence against her husband to seek a protection order.
2. You cannot file any complaint against your brother-in-law unless and until he has violated your legal rights.
Hi, if you go for court or police Complaint then the entire relationship will spoil and in your case you wanted to safeguard the relationship so it is better go for a family counselling and tried to settle the matter amicably.
1) domestic violence case will not lead to police harassment
2) the objective is to help in reconciliation between parties
3) case had to be filed before magistrate court
A case for domestic violence, which can be filed by your sister alone, will not result in a police enquiry.
1. There are many NGOs who counsel the the warring/troubled couple. Make online search which would surely yield result of such NGO standing nearby,
2. You can file complainant with local police on which basis the criminal case may start. Another option is to make complaint with Women Commission who also counsel husbands.
if your sister is not ready then there is no chance to win the case
Advocate, New Delhi
A complaint under domestic violence case shall be made with the Protection officer who normally sits in the District headquarters or in the social welfare department and is not a police, or else a complaint under domestic violence act can be moved before the judicial magistrate directly.
If your brother in law is unwilling to change or amend his habits, some hard treatment has to be meed out to him unless he will not realise the impact so better act wisely when the time is ripe instead of losing a chance and repent later.