• Non nominee bank account

My Mother had a unfortunate demise last year. I am the only child of her. she have bank a bank account in union bank. This account does not have nomination. what is the easiest approach to transfer this account to my or my father name.

Amit Gupta
Asked 2 years ago in Family Law from Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh
Every bank has formalities to transfer or close such account . Contact the bank for that and fulfill their required formalities.
Contact the bank with death certificate of your mother. They may do the needful or may ask you to submit succession certificate, for which you have to file case in the court.
it is not necessary to furnish succession certificate . as per RBi guidelines bank should be willing to hand over account proceeds on furnishing indemnity bond . 

I. Documentation 

Documents which are required to be submitted along with the claim form: 

1.	Proof of death of depositor(s) or hirer(s).
2.	Proof of identification of nominee(s) wherever applicable such as Ration Card, Election ID Card, PAN Card or Passport or any other satisfactory proof of identification acceptable to the bank or proof of authority of legal heir(s) wherever applicable. 

(a) Member Bank should exercise due care and caution in ascertaining the identity of the survivor(s)/nominee and the fact of death of the account holder, through appropriate documentary evidence;

(b) It should be made clear to the survivor(s)/nominee that he / they would be receiving the payment from the member bank as a trustee of the legal heirs of the deceased depositor, i.e., such payment to him / them shall not affect the right or claim which any person may have against the survivor(s)/nominee to whom the payment is made.

(c) It may be noted that since payment made to the survivor(s) / nominee, subject to the foregoing conditions, would constitute a full discharge of the bank's liability, insistence on production of legal representation in such cases is superfluous and unwarranted and it would only serve to cause avoidable inconvenience to the survivor(s)/nominee. In such case, therefore, while making payment to the survivor(s)/nominee of the deceased depositor, the member bank should not insist on production of succession certificate, letter of administration or probate, etc., or obtain any bond of indemnity or surety from the survivor(s)/nominee, irrespective of the amount standing to the credit of the deceased account holder.
They cant. Ask for reasons for denial of Claim In writing. If they refuse complain to Banking Ombudsman.
draw attention of the bank  to guidelines framed by RBI . also complain to Ombudsman of the bank
1. For claiming the balance amount lying in the account of your demised mother, you shall have to submit succession certificate along with her death certificate,

2. Apply for succession certificate which may take mimimum 6 months. .
thanks for your appreciation
give legal notice on the basis of RBI guide lines
Mr. Sethi
Explain in details