• A girl is blackmailing me

I meet a girl few months back on FB. She was new to the city and was looking for a job. She asked me to help her out and I agreed (I am a Recruiter by profession).

She found a job, she called me up, she was happy and she wanted meet up for dinner. First time I went to meet her she told me that she wants to come home with me, I was not very interested in her so I denied and dropped her home at night. Then she started calling me, texting me every day, one fine day she called me up in the morning and told me that she has lost her wallet, cards, passport, room keys everything and she needed my help. I went and meet her and she started crying and all then she told me that she wants to come home with me as she is very upset. She came home with me, stayed at night, I did not even touch her. Next week end again she called me and came to my house, this time she kissed me for the first time and started flirting with me. I don know why but i also started responding to her. After that we started meeting up in week ends for next 3-4 weeks, talking over the phone at night. She came to my house 5-6 times, we kissed, we hugged, touched but we never did intercourse. During this 1 and half months time I realised that this girl has some issue, she is not like any other girl, things were not going good between us and I broke up with her. It was a 1 and half months relationship and we never had intercourse.

After I broke up with her, she started threatning me that if I don marry her she will inform my parents, she will take legal action against me, She will spoil my life.

It's been two months since we broke up but still she will call me everyday and message me, threaten me. My life has already become hell, don't know how to get rid of it. Please help. Do you think she can take any action against me? Legally?

Thanks!

Note: I forgot to mention that she is a divorcee and 4 years older than me.
Asked 2 years ago in Constitutional Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
Don't worry. She might have used the same trick with others also.  If she persists threatening you any further, tell her that you would lodge a Police Complaint for trying to blackmail you.  Legally speaking, its not a crime to indulge in kissing, hugging and touching between a man and a woman when they are adults and are independent, in the sense that, in your case you are a bachelor and she is a divorcee and both of you on your own wish and will would have indulged in these things, without there being a threat, force etc., from either side and it was purely voluntary.  According to you there was no intercourse between you and the lady and you had not promised her that you would marry her in the event of her co-operating in kissing etc., and hence she can not take any legal action.
1. You did a mistake by not understanding her when she was making the first move which is unusual for ordinary women,
2. Do keep away from her and if possible change your location.
3. Do lodge a complaint with local police stating everything.
4. Do not buckle under blackmailing, put a brave front. She can do nothing.
1. She laid down a trap and you were naive to walk directly into it. It is possible that she might have through hidden camera clicked some pictures of the intimate moments you spent with her, and on the basis thereof attempt to milk some allegations to implicate you in a false case. 
2. You are under no obligation to marry her. Let her file a case if she so desires. Her case will not hold ground in a court of law. 
3. Lodge a police complaint to the nearest police station against being blackmailed by her. 
4. Alternatively issue a lawyer's notice to her.
1) you never had any physical relation ship with her . you merely kissed her . 

2) you never promised her marriage . 

3) refuse to entertain her . dont take her calls . 

4) if she tries to extort money from you file police complaint against her 

5) change your residential address if possible
Save your messages, it will be helpful in the event of any case against you. File a police complain against her for threatening and blackmailing. Face her bravely, she doesn't have grounds to file a suit against you.
thanks for your appreciation
Thanks a lot for appreciation.
Thanks for your appreciation.