• A girl married someone else without informing

I got engage with an Asmees girl. She willingly came into my life approache me herself. She told me and my mum she can not live without me . if didnt merry to her she will die....etc...and 3 years back we got engaged with our family. thise girl contiously talking to me and my family from last three years. She came to my house with her family and I also went to her house with my family. last year in November she did court marriege without telling me...she used use to come delhi without telling me and meet this guy who actully live in Assam before and i came to know him through her only. buy after marrige very next day this guy left him becase he knew she has reletionship with me etc.... and again she start talking to my mum in november itself and after happning all this and keep talking to me and played with my emotion till 7 April 2014. she never tell me before that she got married to another guy. Now I am broken in all the way emotionally, metelly physycally.... I wanna case on her please advice. This girl Live in Assam and I live in Delhi....
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from New Delhi, Delhi
Religion: Muslim
1. This matter has no end,

2. It will be difficult for you to prove that she promised to marry you etc.,

3. You consider that you are lucky since a lady of such unstable mind got married to some one else.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18533 Answers
449 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

I regret no case lies against her.
Though civil suit for damages can be filed against her but given the enormity of time, proof and effort it requires the same is not advisable at all.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12880 Answers
166 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

forget about her and move ahead in life,or if you still love her then think on those lines
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

1) you are lucky that your fiancee married some other man and did not ruin your life . imagine if she had left you immediatedly after marriage . you would have to waste lot of time and money in getting divorce . in addition she may have foisted false cases on you . 

2) although you may be heart broken now it is blessing in disguise . 

3) forget her and move on in life
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45700 Answers
2688 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

dont waste your time and money in filing case on her . it may prove to be counter productive as she may file false cases on you . if your fiancee can during your engagement have another man in her life what is stopping her from filing false case upon you . forget her . there is no shortage of girls of marriageable  age in india
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45700 Answers
2688 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

I also fully endorse the opinion expressed by my learned colleagues and reiterate that you are lucky in not having married her, better forget her and marry a good girl of your choice and move on in life.
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1638 Answers
107 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You are fortunate that the true face of this girl was reflected before you entered into matrimony with her. Had you married her, a long round of legal battle would have ensued. 

It is not advisable to file any case against her. The reason being- Firstly a person is free to marry any one of his/her own choice. No past promise made to any one else holds in law any value binding him to marry the promisee and only promisee. So any case for damages which you may file against her will have no legs in court to stand on.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer