• about bank locker

The parents of my cousins were having an account in allahbad bank..,..they were using locker service,,,but they both have died since 1 year,...and they have not filled any nominee forn,,,,,,now my brother is not getting access to locker,,,their was some important property documents and some gold too....
sir how can he get access to locker...
and how much time the whole procedure takes...
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Yamunanagar, Haryana
Religion: Hindu
give them a legal notice ,asking them to provide access to all the document as you been a legal heir,for further help you can contact me
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

in absence of nomination filled in by the deceased you wont be allowed to access the locker unless you obtain succession certificate from court
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45663 Answers
2684 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Yes, general legal notice will not do. He will have to apply for Succession Certificate.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12873 Answers
166 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File suit for grant of succession certificate only then you will get rights to operate the locker.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Since both are dead and have not nominated any body, their legal heirs can get succession certificate through court.  When the legal heirs submit  succession certificate to  the  Bank, the Bank gives access to the legal heirs to the locker.
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1636 Answers
107 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Get succession certificate then give them a written application for oprate the locker.  It will be better option
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4856 Answers
221 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer