• Family court

I was being tortured by my in laws (including my husband). Now I am staying with my mother for the last 3 months and I am pregnant. Now my husband has filed a case against me in the Family Court making certain elegations on me. We are now given the next hearing date. I just wanted to know whether we should go to the hearing (although there is no fault of ours). If yes, then is it compulsory that we should take an advocate with us? because we can not afford any advocate. Its ok if you say we have to go... we will go but is it also like we have to to hire an advocate.. is it compulsory?

Please suggest.
Asked in Family Law from New Delhi, Delhi
most probably your husband had file section 9 application for restitution of conjugal right,you have to appear in court with your lawyer other wise you will be proceeded exparte and you must hire an advocate in advance so that he can prepare reply to application of husband

you should attend court . if you cant afford legal fees contact district legal aid centre . they will engage a lawyer for you to fight case filed by your husband

I concur with my learned colleagues.

Since you have been served with the notice/summon so you must attend the case through a lawyer so that  you can defend you properly.If you wish can contact me in this regard. You can not afford fee,I can do the needful without professional fee or you may have a lawyer from legal aid.You may talk on phone, if so desire.

if it is section 9 plz put up a application for maintenance  from your husband with legal fees. you will awarded that before any proceeding could take place in that case. for brief you can call me