I was born in 1985, but all my documents have my YOB as 1986. This includes my matriculation, DL, PAN and Passport. I was born in a army hospital in my father's official file also my YOB is 86.
Now I have to go to a european country on work visa. There in europe they would want my Birth certificate so that i can access the basic amenities of that country.
My problem is as now I want a birth certificate, I want to have it in 1986 only. I can not change all other documents for sure...!!! I do not know if my birth is registered in the city's municipal corp. but if i apply for BC now, surely they would take the records from Hospital. I want to know how can I save myself from this hassle.
Please advise. In need of consultation.
Asked 1 year ago in Civil Law from Chennai, Tamil Nadu
You cannot manipulate your year of birth at any stage especially if you would like to travel to a foreign country, they would require you to submit the birth certificate, better file a declaratory suit to declare your actual date of birth as per hospital records to be the correct one and the one in the certificate is erroneous. Te court order will help access all the facilities you intend to avail.
1. This is a conundrum for you. You should have long ago initiated the process to have the correct date of birth incorporated in your documents. Even if the process consumed time it would have been worth it.
2. If the hospital has maintained the records then your actual date of birth will be reflected therein.
3. In the event there is discrepancy between the date of birth reflected in your BC and other documents you may execute a sworn affidavit before an executive magistrate to show that the discrepancy was not due to suppression of facts by you,
1) you cannot have your birth certificate of year 1986 if as per hospital records you were born in 1985
2) obtain birth certificate of 1985 and then have your details changed in your PAN card , passport
Check your birth details in the hospital is available or not.? And file an application for birth certificate of corporation/ municipality / panchayath with in the limit of that hospital.If the hospital details are not available then file an affidavit with regard to the date (mention the year as 1986 forget the date of 1985)
The birth certificate will be issued as per the details entered , you cannot correct it, but apply for it and see what is recorded ..
why was it year 86 in your dad's official file?
the date of birth correction is possible only with a court order, for this you will have to produce the hospital details of any genuine records.However in your case you want awrong date of birth, which is not possible to get corrected.
1.Apply for the birth certificate after giving an affidavit to the Municipal corporation affirming that you were born in your house,
2. If you are refused the birth certificate, you can file a declaratory suit praying for declaration that your actual date of birth is in the year 1986 which was not recorded before the municipality and also praying for direction upon the Municipality to issue the birth certificate for you and also on all authorities to rectify your date of birth in all their records and issue fresh certificates accordingly..