• Probation period

My case going on from last 3 years for divorce. Its in last stage where judge has to pronounce the decision. In my case, my wife never appeared for case date that's why judge announced ex party 6 months back. Now evidence and argument over. Only decision has to take place after a month. I want to know

1. what would be probation period after judge give decision?How many months or days of it would be?

2. Will it start from the day judge will give decision or next day of decision?

3. Whats the exact meaning of probation period? Its for me to re-think or what?Can I marry before probation period gets over?

Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Sirsa, Haryana
Religion: Hindu
It is three months from date of final judgment.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

no you can not marry before 3months
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Concur with ld.experts.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Its not probation period. it is limitation period for filing of appeal. If appeal against the divorce order is not filed with in 90 days from the date of judgement, the judgment reaches its finality. Then you can marry. make sure the appeal in instituted. then you can marry.
Sandeep Hegde
Advocate, Bangalore
401 Answers
116 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

. it is not probation period but limitation  period  for filing appeal  . appeal has to be filed within period of 90 days of judgement . 
period of limitation begins from the date you get the certified copy of the order/judgement/decree against which you are moving the High Court in appeal, the time spent in obtaining the certified copies are exempted while the period of limitation is counted.
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44428 Answers
2582 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

it is period for appeal. you should marry after expiry of said period
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer