• Encroachment on property

I hold an abadi plot in Greater Noida. This was registered in Jan 2011 on my name thru a developer. Can someone register this property on some one else name? It is been told to me that such type of forged transactions are very much happening in Greater Noida. What do I need to do to secure my investment? Right Now I am not in the position to construct the house there.

Please advise
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from AGRA, Uttar Pradesh
fence the plot . post some security guard to prevent encroachments . keep your original documents in bank safety locker . dont give xerox copies of your agreement to any third party
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44268 Answers
2572 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

what is the seiaze of plot and which sector is it ,yes in greater noida we also hear about these things
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

3.5 on 5.0

You should muted your name in the holding records of local Municipality and also Land Revenue Department.You can take possession by making demarcation in the land,if you feel any disturbances  then file a Declaration and Injunction suit in Civil Court.
Minansu Bhadra
Advocate, Kolkata
384 Answers
28 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Since you are the owner of the plot you are the only one who is authorized to register it in some one else's name after selling it. It is true that forged deeds are created day in and day out to dispossess the actual owner and usurp his property. To safeguard your property you should keep your property documents at a safe place and make sure that no one else can gain access to the original or copies thereof.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer