• Exparty order

    my husband fraudulently got ex party order with out my knowledge and illegally married another  lady while living with me. I'm arguing to set aside the decree and punish him in front of law . the case is going   on more than 2 years. sir my doubt is is there any possibilities to return back the main H.M.O.P by him and make the case to extend or to become useless. give me a solution.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Cuddalore, Tamil Nadu
Religion: Hindu
The possibility or lack of it can be gauged only after perusing threadbare the entire factual matrix of the case. Since you have filed for restoration of the case you have no option but to prosecute it with all due diligence. If court does not restore H.M.O.P then you may move the higher court.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, if the summons dully served to you and in spite of that you have not appeared before court then chances of restoring the Main Petition is very less however it depend upon the facts and circumstances of the case.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4551 Answers
203 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

1)how did your husband manage to get exparte orders? 

2) was summons not served at correct address? 

3) what are grounds taken by you for setting aside exparte order? 

4) judicial process does take time but if order has been obtained by fraud it would be set aside .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45545 Answers
2676 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

restoration will be granted if have proper grounds
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Ex parte order for divorce will be set aside if proper ground for no appearance can be shown. Secondly check the case record how your husband served the summons prior to getting the ex parte order. If you find any anomaly there that may be another strong ground to set aside the ex parte order.
Prithwish Ganguli
Advocate, Kolkata
21 Answers
12 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer