• I need a copy of divorce certificate

I need a copy of my divorce certificate its little urgent, is it possible to get it from
Bandra family court on urgent basis.
Divorce happened in august 2005.
I have a copy of marraige certificate
I dont have the divorce copy so all i can provide is the date of marraige and divorce date was
between 7th and 14th august 2005.
Asked 8 months ago in Family Law

4 answers received in 10 minutes.

You should contact the lawyer who appeared on your behalf 

in alternative contact your ex wife 

both must be having certified copy of divorce decree in their possession 

Any local advocate can obtain the certified copy.

Yes, I can perform on your behalf and get the copy from court. Kindly provide me all details. Like case number etc.

Kindly provide me all details about your case.

The advocates here could not help you to get the certified copy.

To get it you need to apply either personally or through the advocate who conducted your case.

There is no supply of such copy on urgent basis and ita takes its usual time of 7-8 days.

Since your divorce was decreed more than 16 years back i wonder if it is supplied even after 2 weeks.

You can contact either your own advocate or any advocate practicing in Bandra  family court and engage his or her services to obtain certified copy of the divorce decree by furnishing the details of the case,  at his or her terms.

You cannot get it immediately owing to the current  covid situation. 

- Yes you can get the Divorce decree certificate from the family court , Bandra ,

- Further , after the divorce granted , the court generally provide the said decree certificate to both the parties. 

- Further it can be collected by any relative in Bandra or from the same advocate to whom you was engaged in the said divorce case. 

- Further if it not available with the lawyer , then you can get a certified copy of that certificate after applying before the family court. 

Mohammed Shahzad

Yes a certified copy of the divorce decree has to be obtained from the family court and for this an application has to be filed. You should engage a local lawyer who will assist you in this.

Rahul Mishra

Yes the parties name and month and year of divorce will do the job.

Rahul Mishra

There is no such thing called divorce certificate, It is a certified copy of the decree and judgment of the divorce decree pronounced by court.

Hence you may have to provide minimum details of case, at least case number and year.

You may contact the advocate directly instead of writing it in this forum repeatedly. 

Yes, do you remember judge name, court number and provide your name and your wife's name as of now.

Usually the  records will be  destroyed in courts after three years under intimation to the parties (if it is contested case) and originals will be preserved.

In your case, it happened in 2005 i.e., 15 years ago, as such, you need to give case number and date of disposal of the same, based on which an application can be made on your behalf seeking copy of divorce decree.

More particularly, due to corona, courts are not working and access to the records is restricted for now.

S Srinivasa Prasad

At least you try to get the case number from you system, mail, SMS old records of your case etc., without case number, it is very difficult, and that, present situation is also not permitting any access to the old records.

S Srinivasa Prasad

Without case number also you can get the copy but it would take long time. 

You need the case number of divorce petition filed by you and your ex wife 

I can assist you. For any assistance contact me in kaanoon on 9 a 7 g 6 g 9 g 4 e 9 g 0 f 9 f 1 a 1. Consultation applicable. 

Your name and your wife's name would be sufficient alongwith the date of decree to get a certified copy though it's difficult.

Swarupananda Neogi

you can apply for certified copy of divorce decree passed by court. pl consult local lawyer . 

You must know the case number, date/year of filing, or date of filing of the case of date of disposal of the case. Your case record will be sent to concerned District Court. You will have to search there for order. You ought to have searched in e courts portal. If you provide number of the case any advocate will search for order. If it is not available any advocate will search for order and get it for you. Take expert advocate assistance and get the order as soon as possible. 

Hii greetings of the day..

One can file for divorce decree or order it's not certificate.

That is certified copy of judgement or order, consult any lawyer and apply for the same with your case details of case no and last date of jufgement etc.

For filing n application in family court and seek certified copy of divorce decree by the help of lawyer 

You can also do online search in district court website and would be able to access case number details.

All the best

Rita Rajput
Advocate, Thane

Hii

If you want and wish you can contact me or my chambers details provided and give your details what ever you have. And the need full will be done to obtain your divorce decree. 

All the best. 

Rita Rajput
Advocate, Thane

Hire a local advocate and he’ll have to make a detailed inspection of records to pull out your divorce decree. This will take time, but isn’t impossible. Engage a local counsel 

You need the exact date of divorce. You can get the certified copy from family court in one or two days

Rahul Jatain
Advocate, Rohtak

Dear sir/ma'am,

Please contact any Mumbai based lawyer for the same. 

It is possible to get the certified copy of divorce decree even if you do not have the case number. The lawyer will have to search for it using other available details such as name, date etc. 

Agam Sharma

1. Yes you can make an application for getting certified copy of divorce decree on urgent basis.

2. You need to provide details of court from which the orders were granted or contact your advocate for getting copy of decree. 

Mohit Kapoor
Advocate, Rohtak

- Yes, still you can get the certified copy of the same , after visiting the court as i mentioned above. 

Mohammed Shahzad

Hi,to obtain the certified copy from court , the title ( name of parties )and date of order is needed ..Since the case was decided long back ,little efforts will be required..It is advisable to contact your lawyer or any other lawyer from the particular  court where the divorce was obtained 

Hemant Chaudhary

You may get the Certified copy of the same. We need the following information to get the certified copy:

1. Date of Decision

2. Name of Judge and Parties.

Jaswant Singh
Advocate, Gurugram