• Need divorce

I am 27,belong from a sophisticated and decent educated family of posh Delhi location.Its a arrange marriage happened via matrimony site.
Before marriage the boy gave me a perception that he belongs to a very good decent family.But actually its not.
The time i came to know the reality it was too late to cancel the marriage.
My life has become hell over here.
Drinking smoking and bad language is very common at home.
This is giving me mental torture. They people belongs form a haryana village and they behave typically like the one.
I am living in a village rite now.
Niether he is ready to leave his family and move out with me to a decent place nor he is ready to leave me.
We both don't like each other, but due to his family pressure he is not ready to give me divorce.
I am struck in a illeterate and uncivilized environment.
I cannot live here.its not even a single day when i did not cry. I wanna go back to my parents.
They also feel the same. But this guy is not leaving me. when i try to go to my home without telling him, he abuses me.
This marriage was a huge mistake.Kindly suggest me how can i get rid of him and his family.Please help!!
Asked 1 year ago in Family Law from Gurgaon, Haryana
1) you can file for divorce on grounds of mental cruelty 

2) if period of one year has passe you can file for divorce

3) you can record the abuses hurled at you by your husband 

4) it will help you in making out case for divorce 

5) you can also file case of   domestic violence / 498A against your husband to pressurise him to settle for mutual consent divorce 
1. You are free to return to your parental home. You cannot be kept in your matrimonial home against your will. If you are kept against your will then you may through your parents or any well wisher move the High Court for your release.

2. You are also at liberty to file for divorce on the basis of cruelty against your husband. This is the only way to get rid of the marriage.

3. Consult a lawyer to get going.
1. You are in a dilemma now, whether to continue your life in the institution of marriage or to come out of it by opting for divorce and becoming a free bird.
2. Take a firm decision either way and the decision should be a wise one.
3. Both husband & wife can undergo counselling by meeting a good counseller.
4. If you decide to part ways with your husband, better convince him to agree for mutual consent divorce, thereby getting relief in a much quick & better way than to go for contested divorce.
You can file a police complaint near to your house that you are confined in your matrimonial house by your husband and in-laws. There is CAW (crime against women Cells). You can go to their site and lodge a complaint online. 

You may also ask your parents to get police at your matrimonial home and get you released from there. Once you reach home you may file case against him on grounds of cheating. 

Regds, 

Adv. Payal 

Payal Arora
Hi, first you have to leave the matrimonial  home and if your husband does not allow you to go your home then lodge a police compliant.

2. Thereafter file a petition for divorce on the ground of cruelty.
If your marriage was over a year ago, then you may move an application before court to dissolve your marriage by a decree of divorce on the grounds of cruelty.
Before that you should leave your matrimonial house and return to your parents house and start living there for another three months or more and then apply for divorce. 
You cannot  remain in such place for a long time since the situation is ot conducive for living.
Since mistake is made , some price is to be paid.
Do not stick to this marriage anymore.
Come out of this and file for suit for divorce from Delhi, your parental home.
Against the embarrassments against you, if any, you can file criminal case agaisn tthem. The pressure arising out of it may force him to give divorce soon.
Thanks for your appreciation
Welcome.
You are welcome for your appreciations.  You are always welcome to come back with more ueris in this regard or any other legal queries on any subject which will be addressed by the battery of  expert lawyers of this portal. 
All the best!
1. Collect the evidence of their abusive behaviour by audio taping,

2. Reach your parental home on some pretext,

3. File a divorce suit after completion of one year of marriage from Delhi.
You are welcome.