• Bbmp khata in individual names

We are having four floor building in Jayanagar 

in joint names of my mother and her 4 daughter in laws total 5 members

 bbmp khata in name of 5 members

my mother expired last year

in her unregistered will she wrote that her share equally divided into four of remains members and can do individual khata floor wise

what is the procedure
Asked 1 year ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

2 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

15 Answers

Apply for mutation of property in name of legal heirs 


2) enclose death certificate of mother 


3) latest receipt of payment of property taxes 


4) if no objections are received mutation would be done in your names 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
84881 Answers
5611 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You need to do the needful by submitting the will go bbmp and carry out necessary changes into title

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
24892 Answers
58 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

No procedure require. Now other 4 can apply for bbmp khata transfer in all 4 names and delete name of mother. Enclosed copy of WILL with application. And floors they can decide by oral partition. 

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21452 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

You need to apply in the BBMP office for floor wise partition of property tax on individual legal heirs names. Provide all details of the property, Building property tax receipt for current year full amount paid, Death certificate of mother and other legal heirs photo id and relationship proof between mother and her four daughter in law.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12219 Answers
165 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1. Registration of WILL is not compulsory and is optional. Even unregistered WILL with 2 witnesses will be a legally valid one.

2. To get BBMP Katha for individual floors', a Partition Deed, demarcating individual floors' to each Daughter-in-Law, has to be registered in the jurisdictional Sub Registrar's Office. Then in the prescribed application format of BBMP, after filling it with the required details enclosing therewith the earlier deed, Katha, latest tax paid receipt, partition deed, your mother's WILL, photo IDs, etc., by paying the prescribed fee, individual Katha can be obtained.

3.  By following the above procedure, your sisters-in-law can get individual Katha floor-wise. 

Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
3867 Answers
234 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File an application for letters of administration.

Swarupananda Neogi
Advocate, Kolkata
2935 Answers
6 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

- As per law, registration of WILL is not mandatory . 

- Hence after the death of your mother , you can apply for mutation of the said property as per WILL before the Tehsildar/competent authority , and for getting Khata floor wise. 

- If refused , then get the said WILL probated from the court of district judge. 

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
8461 Answers
92 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Specific performance suit is required as the WILL  was not registered 

Rahul Jatain
Advocate, Rohtak
5365 Answers
4 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Dear Sir/Madam,

It is suggested that  using the said unregistered WILL, the share of mother can be divided among 04 daughters. Then, the 04 daughters can enter into mutual/family partition and have the individual floors on their names. 

Ganesh Singh
Advocate, New Delhi
6629 Answers
16 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

You can approach the office of the BBMP in your nearest location,  you can get the complete guidance and details about all the formalities to be complied in this regard instead of getting improper and misleading information from from forums like this. 


T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
74999 Answers
1257 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Letters of administration can be sought from the court on the basis of the will. Then the property may be divided by arriving at a settlement. It should be registered.

Rahul Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
13199 Answers
47 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

A. BBMP may ask title deeds towards khara transfer for individual names. Therefore in order to get khatha through smooth operation you could execute a Partition Deed based on a will between remaining share holders by merging your mother' s property and bifurcate the same by metes and bounds with measurements. Finally you can get the same by submitting all old khatha and partition Deed.

B. Secondly, to get more clarity, you could approach the BBMP directly with a will and khatha copy towards your query. Because they may reject the same as their process is different.

B.T. Ravi
Advocate, Bangalore
943 Answers
96 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Execution of settlement deed and it's registration will be best solution for division of Undivided property 

Mohit Kapoor
Advocate, Rohtak
10688 Answers
7 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

apply for mutation of property on basis of will, submit death certificate along with affidavit.. Please contact local advocate for more precise guidance. 

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19012 Answers
31 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

  1. As per the information mentioned in the present query, makes it clear that there has been unregistered will.
  2. I would like to apprise you that there is no sanctity in law for a Will which is not registered as the same must be a registered one as per the mandate section of the registration act.
  3. So, there are very chances in law for the execution of the said Will before the court of law to claim rights as per the Will contents.

Sanjay Baniwal
Advocate, South Delhi
5464 Answers
13 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer