• Father-in-law sexual abuse

I have a sister who led peaceful life.. But her father-in-law tried to abuse her sexually... But anyhow she denied all attempts just becos of husbands support... 

But her husband has illegal affair with another woman.. so my sister applied for divorce...

she filed complaint on her father-in-law... But the defending lawyer from their side said he is old . so he can't appear in the court..

But he still roams everywhere. still preying for girls... He is a womaniser.. many of my relatives in his hometown saw him leads usual life.. 

We would like to get an arrest warrant on him ? what to do ? how to do ?

Becos my sister went at that so much mental torture.. She feared to be alone that time...
Asked 2 years ago in Family Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
you have to request for his personnel appearance by narrating all facts
1) you have to mention that father in law is physically fit and keeps on moving around in city . 
2) pray for issue of bailable warrant against your father in law . 

3) if inspite of issue of bailable warrant he does not attend court can issue non bailable warrant against your father in law
if it happened in 1999 why did you not file complaint then ? raising the issue after 14 years does cast doubts about genuine ness of the complaint
The old age of your sister's father-in-law does not give him any immunity from law. What holds you back from requesting the court to issue arrest warrants against him? Your lawyer should be able to do that.
Why did your sister keep quiet for 14 years? The elapse of 14 years has surely given enough escape routes to this man. The success of your sister is now contingent on plugging all those escape routes. Since your lawyer is aware of all the facts of the case he should be able to do that.
forget the father in law . your FIR appears to be an after thoughtas filed after 14 years .  go after husband with all guns blazing . if he is womaniser gather evidence . file complaint of adultery .
There will be a limitation period for everything. Delay of 14 years for filing FIR weakens the strength of the case.  If the husband is a womaniser and if you can prove it, then contest the case on the basis of adultery.