• Procedure for transfer of property

My father expired 1 month before. He was the owner of the house in which we are living. We have all the documents of the house. Tell me the procedure to transfer it on my mom's name.
Asked 2 years ago in Property Law from Karnal, Haryana
Did your father die intestate(without leaving a WILL). If so, then all the legal heirs, i.e., Your mother and all your siblings will have equal share in the property.  The procedure to transfer the title of the property in your mother's name would be to enclose your father's death certificate to the letter signed by all your siblings to the concerned authorities  informing that the children have no objection to transfer the title of the property in their mother's name and request the revenue authorities to transfer the title from their father's name to mother's name.
you will have to give RD in favour of your mother and get the property mutated in her name
1) since your father did intestate your grandmother has 1/3rd share in property .

2) for transfer of property in your mother name relinquishment deed has to be prepared and signed by you and your grand mother . have it duly stamped and registered
Your grand mother will also have equal share of the property, along with you and your mother. You & your grand mother can execute relinquishment deed relinquishing the  rights over the property to your mother. My earlier advice was for the transfer of Khata in the name of your mother by giving NOC from all legal heirs.
1. Yes, your Grandmother will have equal share of the property alongwith your mother and you,

52. You cab execute a relinquishment deed in favour of your mother and register the same.
1. After the death of your father you, your mother and your grand mother have an equal share i.e 1/3rd in the property of which your deceased father was the owner.

2. The ownership of the entire house can be transferred to your mother only if you and your grand mother make a relinquishment deed in her favour.