Separation for 1.8 years of Hindu Unregistered Marriage
There was a typo in my previous question in point 3. Corrected it.:
Good evening, my friend got married to a guy in Jammu. Marriage is unregistered and troubles faced by her from her partner are as follows:
1. Aged 32, husband is professionally very weak. Has been unable to make a mark in corporate identity. He's been unable to find a job in the past 2.6 years, has been demoted in current role, on the verge of being asked to go thrice but got saved because his wife is in the same company at strong position. He's been given feedback to improve all this while, but no improvement.
2. Husband is a defaulter with credit card company and can't move abroad or apply for loans. He's been showing no interest in clearing his debts with the bank.
3. Husband has a very casual approach towards life and treats marriage as a live-in. 8 months of courtship and 1.8 years of marriage, he has not even bought a medical insurance for wife. He's been unable to secure present and has no inclination towards securing future. When asked, he says "I'll manage everything".
4. Wife's aged 31 and looking forward to family planning. Husband shows no interest in it as of now and says they can do it when she's 35+.
5. Husband earns more than 60+ a month, but goes bankrupt within 5 days from receiving salary. Has been unable to manage funds or get a job if salary is a constraint for him to survive.
6. Husband maintains double faces. Talks filth and cheap about his wife to third person, comes back home as if nothing has happened.
7. Husband has been disclosing confidential information about wife to his parents and wife's parents, and portraying to wife as if he's the sweetest person on earth.
8. Husband doesn't take ownership or accountability of any incident that has happened or happening around him. Put's everything on luck, cries and gives up. When given feedback to improvise, he accepts it on face but doesn't implement it at all.
9. Husband has been unable to strike that emotional connect with wife, in spite of the wife taking initiatives all this while to make things better.
10. Husband has been unable to fulfill his responsibilities towards wife and her family.
11. Husband doesn't take a stand for wife in family matters, puts the blame on her, and tells her he's waiting for the right time to take revenge.
The reasons are far beyond the above. All of us have been trying to council the husband to change himself and have this marriage survive, but in vain. All of us have given up and the wife's in an extremely disturbed state of mind, with moving towards suicidal tendencies, and increasing dependency on cigarette and alcohol. We, with great difficulty, have been able to make her get rid of smoking weed and joints.
All of us have now concluded that divorce is the best option available to ensure that the wife doesn't suffer any further.
Please confirm the process for mutual divorce and if husband is unwilling to give divorce, then the process to be followed. Wife is not looking for any benefit, maintenance from husband post separation or right in husband's ancestral property. All she expects is a separation and the jewelry her parents gave to her in her marriage. Please advice the process at the earliest. We may need your advice in person as well. Please share your contact details as well.
Asked 2 years ago in Family Law from New Delhi, Delhi
you may call me on 9891507137
Advocate, Greater Noida
Repeated query. Replied already.