• One of supplier is returning the money given for GST reversal

All business transactions were direct account transfer . Within transaction i had also helped my supplier monetarily .
Now my supplier is not returning the money since 1 year now
Asked 2 years ago in Business Law

4 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

14 Answers

You can complaint the same to the appropriate authority of GST and seek redressal

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
28106 Answers
93 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

There are two options with you.

1. File a complaint of 420IPC against him to the local police station

2. File a Money recovery suit in the civil court once this corona thing is over.


Rahul Jatain
Advocate, Rohtak
5365 Answers
4 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Issue legal notice to supplier to pay your dues 


2) if he refuses file summary suit under order XXXVII of code of civil procedure 



3) also file poluce complaint against supplier for cheating under section 420 of IPC 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
89092 Answers
6362 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

See if the amount was given as loan in personal capacity to supplier for same you can issue a notice to supplier asking him to return the amount.

If he fails to return same based on transaction a suit can be filed for same before the civil court.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The money you gave to help him should have been transferred separately. Anyways you should send him a legal notice and if he does not respond then file a civil suit for recovery of money.

Rahul Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
13846 Answers
65 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Send him legal notice for refund and if not paid than you will file complain of cheating and recovery suit with interest and litigation cost. 

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Facts: As per your brief your grievance is that you have some money in advance to your supplier/vendor now he is not returning your money neither he is supplying you goods of that amount. One year has been lapsed.

Remedy: You should render him legal notice.

                On Non Payment you should file a civil suit for recovery of money.

(Take care that in reply or otherwise debt is admitted then you should file an summary suit)

Arihant Nahar
Advocate, Indore
130 Answers

4.8 on 5.0

The money transferred as lending purpose is liable for refund. 

2. Now if it's not returned then the transferor can seek refund by filing civil suit for recovery of money or by filing criminal case of cheating. 

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22515 Answers
409 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You  collect the evidences for this lapse  by the supplier and issue a legal notice demanding your dues.

Let him deny or fail to comply with the demands made, you can file a recovery suit to recover your due amount.


T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
79250 Answers
1618 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

  1. you can serve him a legal notice through a lawyer to make payment of the outstanding amount along with the interest,
  2. if payment is not made despite service of the legal notice, you can file a civil suit for the recovery of the amount,
  3. direct bank transfer can prove your case

Suneel Moudgil
Advocate, Panipat
2372 Answers
6 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

1. Serve a lawyer's notice to him to return the money within a month.

2. A suit for recovery of money can be filed if he does not return the money even after service of notice.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

your query is very vague

if the supplier has withheld your money then you will have to file a suit against him for recovery 

if there is any admission by the supplier of a loan by you, then you can file a summary suit

Yusuf Rampurawala
Advocate, Mumbai
6999 Answers
79 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir/madam,

You are suggested to send a legal notice to return the money and if not returned by supplier, file the case of recovery. 

Ganesh Singh
Advocate, New Delhi
6646 Answers
16 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

1. You should send him legal notice for recovery of money paid to him, mention that money as advance paid to him for purchase from his company.

2. If he refuse to refund the money or supply you equal amount of products then file recovery suit against him.

3. You can also lodge FIR against him under section 420 IPC. 

Mohit Kapoor
Advocate, Rohtak
10687 Answers
7 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer