• Grandfather's property

My Grandfather owes a home on his name. He has Wife, 1 Son and 2 daughters. I am his Grandson, my father died 3 months ago. Daughters of my Grandfather are advising him to sell his house. Me and my mother(widow of my Father) do not want to sell that home. Please help me in this matter. I shall be grateful to you in this regard. Thank you.
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Delhi, Delhi
You can not stop your grandfather from selling the house if he desires so. Prevail upon him with your love and affections not to do so.

Hi, if it is a self acquired property he can do according to his wills and fancy and if it is a ancestral property then you can prevent him little as you can ask your share.

If the house is self purchased property of your grand father and has been registered in his name then he can sell it at his sweet will. You have no legal right therein. As such, you cannot stop him from selling it.

grand father has full rights to dispose of his self acquired property . as grand son you have no rights on said property

as grand father has complete right on self acquired property you can make a request for your share