• Grandfather's property

My Grandfather owes a home on his name. He has Wife, 1 Son and 2 daughters. I am his Grandson, my father died 3 months ago. Daughters of my Grandfather are advising him to sell his house. Me and my mother(widow of my Father) do not want to sell that home. Please help me in this matter. I shall be grateful to you in this regard. Thank you.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Delhi, Delhi
You can not stop your grandfather from selling the house if he desires so. Prevail upon him with your love and affections not to do so.
H. S. Thukral
Advocate, New Delhi
554 Answers
165 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, if it is a self acquired property he can do according to his wills and fancy and if it is a ancestral property then you can prevent him little as you can ask your share.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4527 Answers
202 Consultations

4.3 on 5.0

If the house is self purchased property of your grand father and has been registered in his name then he can sell it at his sweet will. You have no legal right therein. As such, you cannot stop him from selling it.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22958 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

grand father has full rights to dispose of his self acquired property . as grand son you have no rights on said property
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44140 Answers
2560 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

as grand father has complete right on self acquired property you can make a request for your share
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

3.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer